The 2020 Blade Forums knife is happening!

gonna pass this year, but thanks for the heads up. that would have flown right by me. I need to visit the other forums more often.

Thanks for posting a heads up for folks. I did order one the other day - It’s going to be a nice knife. OH

Everything about it is new to me (rams horn, Italian MFG, blade design, swayback frame) - going to see what I think once its in hand. Could love it or might not - but looking forward to giving it a try. It’s not a Buck Knife, but it appears to be of good quality. OH

Looked like more of the same to me. I passed on it. Pretty disappointed that everyone just wants the same blade shape and one of a couple different styles, year after year after year. I really like when it gets switched up to something truly unique every now and then. :thumbsup:

Looked like more of the same to me. I passed on it. Pretty disappointed that everyone just wants the same blade shape and one of a couple different styles, year after year after year. I really like when it gets switched up to something truly unique every now and then. :thumbsup:
There was not much choice this year. I kept hoping Stephan, AKA SKBlades, would be able to do one, quite a few mentioned a Buck fixed blade. That would have been special in a couple of ways. GEC said no, then Buck boarded the same boat...neither doing any SFO. Good that the tradition is able to continue.

Classic lines but visible screws on scales and an adjustable pivot looks too out of place for me. I understand why just prefer a classic look.

There was not much choice this year. I kept hoping Stephan, AKA SKBlades, would be able to do one, quite a few mentioned a Buck fixed blade. That would have been special in a couple of ways. GEC said no, then Buck boarded the same boat...neither doing any SFO. Good that the tradition is able to continue.

It was tough this year. I do respect and appreciate all those who worked hard, and are still working hard, to put it together. I agree, I think a Buck fixed blade would have been pretty special. But I understand why it couldn’t happen. At least the streak continues, as you said :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like warncliffe and other straight edge blades, but I've handled a sway back pattern and it just wasn't for me.
The pattern looks nice but the backwards curved handle shape just felt all wrong to me.
Classic lines but visible screws on scales and an adjustable pivot looks too out of place for me. I understand why just prefer a classic look.
I like to try different styles and patterns, steel and covers. I have found a few that I like and carry at times. I do like ram horn and hope this one is as nice as most of their offerings.
Mike, what about Buck's take-apart 112 and 110?

I like to try different styles and patterns, steel and covers. I have found a few that I like and carry at times. I do like ram horn and hope this one is as nice as most of their offerings.
Mike, what about Buck's take-apart 112 and 110?
I think its the Rams horn and screw combo. I looked at the 112 take apart and with Micarta and Black bolsters the screws don't stand out the same.

Back