The 7505-131 -- Am I going to pay too much??

I can get a 7505-131 for $1595 as a 2nd hand knife from a reputable dealer. My question is simple, am I paying too much at $1595? It seems that these are all sold out on the retail end, and that the price is now being set by the market... so not asking for your opinion of the value, as much as the current market price?

Also, as an aside, does anyone have knowledge of others for sale at the moment?

thanks

With msrp being $1200 and the scarceness of availability, I'd say that's a tad high for a used model but not so much that I would pass it by if I were that serious about owning one. It's a knife that BM puts optimal quality and attention to detail. Also, it's not about what I think anyway. "Value" is set by the purchaser. If it's worth it to you then u r not overpaying as long as it's for personal use/collection. If u were trying to make a profit from it that would b a different story.

no don't really wana make a profit, but it seems only a couple of months ago these were going for $900-$1000... that's a huge price hike, and since it's the only one I see for sale, I"m not sure if the price is a result of a current snapshot of supply/demand or the fair market price in the long run, catch my drift?

thanks for your input anyway.

Remember the BM 7505-131 is limited to only 100 pieces. I have a feeling most places will sell it for the full MSRP of $1,200. I've heard of February/March as the ETA.

Wow, just wow! I am not about to pay that. Just my thoughts on the deal. It's not going to appreciate to the point you make more money. Are you going to use it? If so, there are probably better "users" to be had. Yes I think it is a cool knife, but don't get emotional about this. There is probably a lot more that you could get for that same money in the knife world, if you truly wanted a really fine knife.

Remember the BM 7505-131 is limited to only 100 pieces. I have a feeling most places will sell it for the full MSRP of $1,200. I've heard of February/March as the ETA.

actually I think they're all shipped out already, which might explain why they're asking above MSRP... I'd be ok with $1200, it's the $1595 that strikes me as scary.

Wow, just wow! I am not about to pay that. Just my thoughts on the deal. It's not going to appreciate to the point you make more money. Are you going to use it? If so, there are probably better "users" to be had. Yes I think it is a cool knife, but don't get emotional about this. There is probably a lot more that you could get for that same money in the knife world, if you truly wanted a really fine knife.

For a user I'd go with the 7505-132 which is functionally albet not aesthetically the same as the 7505-131 and can probably be had for around $400-$500 (depending on BM's new price structures). Still steep!

For me it's a moot point since we can't have autos in California anyway.

For a user I'd go with the 7505-132 which is functionally albet not aesthetically the same as the 7505-131 and can probably be had for around $400-$500 (depending on BM's new price structures). Still steep!

yeah, for that price not buying it as a user, it's purely collector. Honestly, I've got more sense than to spend over $200 on a knife I'll use...

I just got word back from a local dealer that the entire 100 series is sold out, so in effect what's out there is all the pre-owned models. Apparently quite a few were sent to Russia too...

Then, it looks like the 7505-132 is due early next year. It's an Unlimited Limited which means they'll produce them as long as there's demand. I'm skeptical on the demand for them at an estimated $400-$500 a pop!

..... I'm skeptical on the demand for them at an estimated $400-$500 a pop!

Don't be, see how fast the $1200 -131 flew off the shelf? and only one for sale now at $1595? I'm just torn as you can imagine with that large a price, trying to keep emotion out of the process, it's hard! :p

I'm not even going to get into how stupid Cali is. Texas allows us cool things like autos, guns, and a whole list of dangerous things.

I know of the knife you are referring too and I think it's priced high.
I've seen them on the bay and the forums at 900-1200, if your not desperate, hold out for a better price.

I know of the knife you are referring too and I think it's priced high.
I've seen them on the bay and the forums at 900-1200, if your not desperate, hold out for a better price.

yeah, I feel the same way... I sent them an email offering $1250 and that was two days ago, so far silence. I think if it were #1, I'd be more comfortable to fork over $395 over MSRP, but for #22, I'll go not much more than MSRP, especially since as recently as last month one was sold for $1050.

Plus, have ANY recently made Benchmade knives sold for anything close to $1600?

yeah, I feel the same way... I sent them an email offering $1250 and that was two days ago, so far silence. I think if it were #1, I'd be more comfortable to fork over $395 over MSRP, but for #22, I'll go not much more than MSRP, especially since as recently as last month one was sold for $1050.

Plus, have ANY recently made Benchmade knives sold for anything close to $1600?

Don't think I could ever spend $1600 on a pocket knife. For just a little bit more you could have yourseld a nice Les Baer 1911....

Don't think I could ever spend $1600 on a pocket knife. For just a little bit more you could have yourseld a nice Les Baer 1911....

LOL, my thoughts exactly! At 16 hundos, you're not only into gun money...you are into some pretty serious gun money! I would buy 4 Glocks, or a new AR, or....well you get the point.

Then, it looks like the 7505-132 is due early next year. It's an Unlimited Limited which means they'll produce them as long as there's demand. I'm skeptical on the demand for them at an estimated $400-$500 a pop!

Yep. I have one on order and am being told by BM reps that they should ship right after the Shot Show which is mid-Jan.

I paid for mine in full which is something I never do, but these are good folks that I have a long standing relationship with. Paid $397 so it will be interesting to see what BM does about items that are already paid for. Sticky wicket, that. ;)

so it will be interesting to see what BM does about items that are already paid for. Sticky wicket, that. ;)
Dealers who have taken preorders for the -132 will honor that price. Especially since BM will be 6 months delayed in shipping.

Back