THE ECAM Scales thread

sr3oOIi.jpg

I received my first direct CPK yesterday and had to snap some pics before she gets the use that she so clearly needs: CPK UFK in D3V, sharpened tip, with ECAM and black micarta liner. These ECAM scales are absolutely stunning! Thank you CPK: she's absolutely beautiful!

https://imgur.com/a/TKetUAm

Congrats on that CPK directly from the Mothership; that one is a truly great looking combination of a deadly stabby ;)

Being a stickler for details, I will have to make a correction because I have seen this come up the same way:

What you have there is the UF, i.e, the Utility Fighter. The UFK was something else, i.e, Utility Field Knife. There is no utility fighting knife! When the new iteration of the field knife came out, Nathan named it the UFK instead of FK2 or FK 2.0 because he started offering it in a more basic field grade and utilitarian grade finish before he refined the finished look of that model for a mere extra $10, baptizing that one as the FK2.

I know, it can be quite confusing but there you have it.

Ok, for those of you that know somethin about something, is the "Unbuffed Antique Micarta" on the current MC's edge cut or just slabbed like ordinary micarta?

Bonus points if you can steer me to a photo...

Extra bonus if it's on a MC.

I stopped doing slab cut on the antique micarta early on. People liked the edge cut better. I don't think any of the HDMC are flat cut

I came upon some antique micarta scales for the original FK a year or two year ago…and foolishly sold them.o_O Live and learn, I guess....

*EDIT* Also, you guys have some great photos in this thread! I have appreciated seeing all the different shades of AECM.

[Aaatt Laaast!]

There are plenty of AECM CPK out there, but this one is mine! This was gifted to me and apart from being genuinely blown away by that, I definitely had that moment of "Oh. So this, THIS is what all the fuss is about!" With all the handles I have had come through my shop, I've never actually seen AECM in person. There is a richness and depth to this material that is very nice. It's really something.

Quick photo out of the box.

TXTC04pl.jpg

Pam0SJPl.jpg

Edit: I just went looking for the "CPK People are the Best" thread and found that thread is closed. So let me say it here, @Grenock is tops. Thank you, brother, for making this happen.

Word of caution to the rest of you who may deal with him at some point - be warned that he is far more generous than you might be prepared for, goes above and beyond, and generally does not play by the rules.

Last edited:
Back