THE ECAM Scales thread

As a (retired) polymer chemist I can absolutely appreciate Old School/OG Westinghouse micarta for what it was/is. Polymer chemistry is barely a century old, and the Giants of the field, Bader, A., (Bakelite), Carothers, W., et al are still mentioned often. I never worked with composites much, but I get them. My personal preference now is no more Safe Queens and the CPK Terotuf appeals to my practical side. YMMV.
Carothers......any relation?

eE9VK1C.jpg

PboPTtq.jpg

Hey guys, does anyone have a DEK with ECAM scales that they could share photos of? I went through this post and didn't see one (unless I completely missed it).

Would like to know how the ECAM looks in the checkered/diamond-textured area of the handle. Thanks!

Edit: I did see some Fighters with ECAM and there's some diamonding too but just wanted to ask about the DEK scale specifically.

Hey guys, does anyone have a DEK with ECAM scales that they could share photos of? I went through this post and didn't see one (unless I completely missed it).

Would like to know how the ECAM looks in the checkered/diamond-textured area of the handle. Thanks!

Edit: I did see some Fighters with ECAM and there's some diamonding too but just wanted to ask about the DEK scale specifically.
Not the best pics, but hope they help

View attachment 2099385
View attachment 2099384

Cool, I think I'm going to go with buffed ECAM on my DEK1! My main "concern" (more like thought) was for the rear 2/3 of the scales - whether or not the diamond grip texture would obscure the lovely wavy pattern of the ECAM fibers. I can see the wavy pattern in your photos still though, especially in the second photo. I imagine in-person, the ECAM pattern is even more prominent?

Cool, I think I'm going to go with buffed ECAM on my DEK1! My main "concern" (more like thought) was for the rear 2/3 of the scales - whether or not the diamond grip texture would obscure the lovely wavy pattern of the ECAM fibers. I can see the wavy pattern in your photos still though, especially in the second photo. I imagine in-person, the ECAM pattern is still prominent?
Yes, very prominent when there's no glare.

Back