The amazing benefits of ground flaxseed.

powernoodle

Power Member
- ground flaxseed is as effective against benign prostatic hyperplasia (a big, fat prostate) as the prescription drug Flomax. Flomax, being produced in a chemical factory, can have serious side effects. The "side effects" of ground flaxseed are lower cholesterol, lower blood sugar and lower blood pressure.

- ground flaxseed is as effective against breast cancer as the prescription drug Tamoxifen. Tamoxifen, being produced in a chemical factory, can have serious side effects. Flaxseed? Nope.

- ground flaxseed is more effective in reducing blood pressure than prescription drugs. [see studies below]

"Wherever flax seeds become a regular food item among the people, there will be better health." - Mahatma Gandhi.

The recommended dosage appears to be in the range of 2 - 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed per day. The seeds have a tough outer shell so they must be ground before consumption. Ground flaxseed on Amazon is not expensive. I consume it straight, chased with water, though you can put it in muffins, oatmeal, etc. I cannot say that eating 30g (3 tablespoons) of ground flaxseed is fun, but it is not bad either. It has a pleasant, slightly nutty flavor.

You won't hear this from your doctor, which borders on criminal negligence. But you heard it from Powernoodle. You gotta take control of your own health. Dr. Prescription Pad won't do it for you.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd see NutritionFacts.org posted on Bladeforums. Eat flax everyday in my soaked oats. Huge fan of Gregger.

Back