The Arkansas Knife Show 2020

Logan Pearce

Awesome Sauce Smith (A.S.S)
Has been rescheduled to September 4 & 5, 2020 due to the health concerns from the Corona Virus.

Guys. I need you all to start drinking Bud Light or Miller Light. Heck, at this rate, I would even be cool with you drinking Keystone Light. Can't even buy toilet paper without a cage match with folks in Wal-Mart.

In all seriousness, though. I do believe the virus is going to get worse for us, especially in Arkansas in the next few months. The health of everyone is what matters the most. Even if you are hard headed, like myself, and believe that you can fight the virus using mind powers. The simple fact is this that the media is against everything we are doing. First, they are against knives and weapons. Second, they don't want large gatherings. Which means everyone that is in fear of the virus won't come out. Meaning our turn out won't be great.

I do think that after the summer months have taken care of a lot of the sicknesses and surely in 6 months we will either have survived or have found a way to counteract the virus..

Regardless of my views on it all. I do fear for the safety of our community.

A lot of you should be receiving an e-mail from me shortly.

Hit me with what you think! Good, bad, or indifferent. :D

I do fear for the safety of our community.

me too, especially for our more senior makers, who I hope will take the notion of social isolation seriously. Isolation sucks, but if you're around retirement age or older and/or have medical issues, particularly diabetes and heart stuff, hanging around other people could present significant risk.

it's a really good time to reach out to each other and maintain communication, maintain some sanity while hunkering down.

That's the most concerning part about our community. Most makers don't start making knives until they are retired. :/

Thank you Logan. All your points are noted and correct. NO ONE wants this, yet here it is.

My schedule appears to be free on that weekend. Color us there. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nothing beats a quality handshake and some face-to-face. One would THINK. :rolleyes:

Bladeforums is a perfect 'social distancing' community, too.

I happen to be fitter than most at age 66. We will see.....:confused:

The right call, glad you made it. Now if only bladeshow would quit making light of whats going on and cancel or postpone. With how badly the powers that be in this country have botched the first few weeks of the outbreak, we are in for a rough ride. I'm from Seattle Metro area, and it's getting pretty nuts here. nearly no help from the fed so far, hospitals filling up, and counties/state buying hotels to use as triage centers, all events cancelled, streets and roads are ghost towns, and thats with only 600 cases in the metro area reported as of today. if we see the expected explosion in cases these next few weeks this is going to be horrendous.

In a couple of months the rebound \ recovery will be spectacular. Until then be safe.

Back