The Beer Scout Knife

Micarta Soda Scout from the first run.

wDIwD4p.jpg

Micarta Soda Scout from the first run.

wDIwD4p.jpg
I’m not a huge fan of micarta on my traditionals, but the covers on these “soda scouts” is an exception and I kick myself for not buying one originally. Looks like butterscotch to me and love the general lack of a weave showing. Relative knife content, my “soda scout” which I think of as allowing “associate membership” to the BSK Club since the membership label was absent from the SFOs and I don’t tend to drink soda.image.jpg

I’m not a huge fan of micarta on my traditionals, but the covers on these “soda scouts” is an exception and I kick myself for not buying one originally. Looks like butterscotch to me and love the general lack of a weave showing. Relative knife content, my “soda scout” which I think of as allowing “associate membership” to the BSK Club since the membership label was absent from the SFOs and I don’t tend to drink soda.View attachment 2235241

The soda scouts micarta type was mislabeled in the GEC database and are indeed paper micarta. Honestly my favorite GEC cover I’ve owned.

IMG_7422.jpeg

The soda scouts micarta type was mislabeled in the GEC database and are indeed paper micarta. Honestly my favorite GEC cover I’ve owned.

View attachment 2235253
There was a lot of discussion on what medium was used to make the micarta…some folks were upset thinking it should be muslin as I recall. I think the use of paper resulted in absolutely gorgeous covers.

Thank you Barett. This was my first GEC ever, I had the choice between other handle material but this is still my favorite.

Back