The best way to sell multi-tools. What are they worth?

Dear BF Users,
As multi-tools improve with technology, each getting closer to what I am looking for in a edc I find I am accumulating more tools. Instead of keeping them I generally sell them to use the money towards the next upgrade. I have sold and origional wave, a 20th anniversary wave. I own a Charge Ti which is unfortunately to "used-up" to bother selling on eBay. I punched one of the center pins out of the 5 star torx, just to see if I could with intentions of altering it. I bet I couldn't get $55 dollars for it so it makes more sense to keep it after spending $100 on it initionally. But I do own a Fuse that I recently purchased. It is in pretty great shape. Unfortunately, the packageing and the papers got tossed about a week ago :mad: , and I was wondering if that makes a big difference in selling it, or if it is worth keeping. Is that how you guys accumulate so many tools? Does anyone use eBay to sell? Do the tools with all the origional package go for more? Did anyone just buy a Fuse that they are sure that they are going to keep, and would like to get rid of the packaging? I was sure that I was going to keep it until I found the Swisstool Spirit. Now I don't think that there is much point. I would like to sell it for at least $33. I dont want to lose much more money than that. Perhaps we could start a buy sell trade forum here for multi-tools. I appreciate you attention as I rambeled on. I appreciate any responses and look foward to hearing info/advice/and stories about other tool lovers selling adventures.

Thanks -Bill

P.S. I recommend the Spirit to all, but I feel werid buying something that wasn't made in the U.S. I know that SA is one of the best if not the best, but it is just one more thing that I bought that wasn't made in the good old U.S.A. I didnt mean to bring economics of politics into this, but it always finds its way in doesn't it? Well thanks to all again. :)

Hey look at it this way if Victorinox is good enough for NASA its good enough for you :D

Well, you could do what I am doing right now, and post them on the "trade forums" part of Bladeforums.

Good luck,
Allen.

You will beable to trade them on here, but if you want to sell them you have to buy a gold membership.

Each one of my multi's have some sort of story to tell, whether it's about a job they were on with me, a flaw in design, or special feature not found on another tool. All that is the reason I hang on to mine.
There certainly is nothing wrong with trading or selling in order to upgrade. :)

I have many people who would be happy with any cast-off that I have at any time.

I just give it to a worthy individual. They are always ecstatic to receive it.

"One man's junk is another man's treasure!"

Back