The bicentennial bowie 2016.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

To answer your questions about ticket availability. Or will tickets be sold outside the county. To be honest I never thought anybody outside the county would be interested. However, I've had several emails from people in several different states asking about tickets. Seems like poeple that have ties to this community have been spread all over . That and I guess other just like the knife. Im not oppossed to offering tickets outside the county, but if I have to ship, the winner would probably have to settle for the knife, sheath, and a something like a wood shadow box or something along that lines because there's no way I would ship the display case I have for this thing. Cost would be to much and it would be a packing nightmare......

If you guys are cool with that, I will check the forum rules and make sure I can do such a thing. If so, yeah, I dont care if you guys play! :)

Dang Todd and Murph, that right there is truly a work of art! The filework, fit/finish and overall attention to detail is AMAZING!

Todd, I replied to your email!

The craftsmanship that went into this knife is jaw dropping. Really incredible stuff.

It was an honor to be involved in this project. Knowing the history of Jackson County and Todd's pride in being from there, this one means a lot to the shop. Todd always gets a special kick out of doing custom projects. This particular knife just had a little more motivation behind it.

That project is sure something! Especially considering the time you were able to crank that thing out. I for one would love the opportunity to win that knife, so if you could open up the drawing I think that would be a win win for everyone. Great job on this one guys!

Any update on the status of this one??

I keep checking the Indiana and Jackson County fb pages, but nothing has ever been posted. Was it a stealth raffle? :D

Any update on the status of this one??

I keep checking the Indiana and Jackson County fb pages, but nothing has ever been posted. Was it a stealth raffle? :D

Todd posted this on the T.M. Hunt Custom Knives Facebook page and few days ago.

"O.k. Ladies and Gentlemen, its finally here! I think we have all of our i's dotted and our t's crossed. If you have followed my page for a while you may recall the bicentennial bowie that I constructed for the 200th birthday of my County and the state of Indiana. It was a real honor to do this project with the Jackson County bicentennial planning committee and the coolest thing is YOU can own it! Thats right, somebody is going to win this badboy, all you have to do is purchase the winning ticket......

So, the details.... tickets are available in three different configurations. Cost of tickets are as follows.

1 ticket. $1.00
6 tickets. $5.00
25 tickets. $20.00

Where do i buy tickets? Im glad you asked. Tickets are for sale now at the Jackson County visitors center where the knife is on display. So come on buy check it out and get your chances.....

If you cant make it there, the knife will be on display and tickets available for purchase at all the bicentennial planning committee activities. The shedule can be found on their facebook page and a link will be provided here later.

If you are not local and wish to buy tickets. I will sell tickets through Pay Pal or can invoice them to you but there will be a $20. purchase mininum and 3% will be added to cover pp fees. Ticket numbers will be provided to purchaser and if won shipping cost within the U.S. will be provided, but international shipping and or extra shipping expenses and special instruction will be the responsibility of the new owner. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE TO PARTICIPATE.

Where does your money go? Proceeds from this knife will go to the Bicentennial planning committee scholarship fund benifeting all 5 of the counties high schools.

About the knife.....

The bicentennial bowie was designed and made entirely by hand by me, (Todd Hunt) in my shop in Seymour Indiana. It took about 100 hours to construct and is totally documented in photographs how it was done here on my facebook page and on my instagram page of the same adress. The etchings on the blade done by Matt Wheeler of Seymours the Engraver and honor not only the Bicentennial, but Andrew Jackson who our county was named after. The materials of the knife are all native to this area being maple wood and deer antler spacer. The knife is a whooping 18 1/2 inches over all lenth and comes in a handcrafted leather sheath inlayed with the bicentennial coins. Also crafted here in my shop.the appraised value of this piece is in excess of $4500. so there is a huge opportunity for someone to own a great piece of historical art for very little investment.

Any other questions please feel free to contact myself or the bicentennial planning committee. In the meantime, i leave with some more pictures from todays cleaning job! Have fun folks!"

OOOOO sweet steel goddess! What a beautiful monster!!

Back