The BK-G

You don't have to be a part of it if it somehow offends your sensibilities. Oddly enough, my partners at TAG (The Architects Group) find nothing "pubescent" about our professional name including the word 'group'.

I like the idea of a group, although I would just wonder what advantages a new group would have over the already established forum that BladeForums offers. We already have the regular input of Ethan and Paul which really makes this place special to me. If they would be willing to split their time between this forum and a new group, OR members of a new group are not all that interested in their input and their participation is inconsequential to folks benefit or enjoyment of discussing BK&T, I would say set it up. I would be happy to join either way. I only visit BladeForums for this this sub-forum anyway.

sqoon, I don't think there would be any splitting of time, because the forum and the 'group' would be one and the same things. The forum IS the group and the group IS the forum. What it might offer, however, would be identity as a Becker fan. I realize that it does'nt take an organized entity to accomplish that, but, just a casual visit to the ESEE (formerly RAT Cutlery) forum will demonstrate what is to be gained by way of organized association. They have giveaways, groups that meet occasionally at events, and total involvement (as Ethan does) from the owners (Randall and Perin). Too, this is not the only organized group out there, Busse, and a few others have similar memberships(for lack of a better word), so this is'nt exactly new territory. The bottom line, though, is that Ethan would have to breath life into anything bearing his name, and until then this is all just so much conversation.

Ok. I get it. I was under the impression that you wanted to start a new website with a new forum and individual sub-forums all related to BK&T. Something similar to the Cold Steel boards of which I sadly admit I am a former of. I left them to come here. I couldn't profess my love of two separate brands at the same time... especially when one of them was garbage made by imbeciles.

Anyway. Yeah. BKG. I'm in, although it would seem that I'm in the minority here.

Hey Guys....

I just got off the phone with Dawson Bob and then spotted this thread for the first time.....I am flattered that the thought came up and I am interested in doing SOMETHING, after all, all I do for you guys is take your money.....I would like to do something in return....Let me permit a bit of fermenting to take place(hopefully with something fermented in hand) and return to this shortly........

How many guys would like to attend a primitive (VERY primitive) woods weekend in Tennessee as a for instance?....A BLADE Show do of some sort???....Suggestions are welcome.....

All Best....

ethan

Hey Guys....

I just got off the phone with Dawson Bob and then spotted this thread for the first time.....I am flattered that the thought came up and I am interested in doing SOMETHING, after all, all I do for you guys is take your money.....I would like to do something in return....Let me permit a bit of fermenting to take place(hopefully with something fermented in hand) and return to this shortly........

How many guys would like to attend a primitive (VERY primitive) woods weekend in Tennessee as a for instance?....A BLADE Show do of some sort???....Suggestions are welcome.....

All Best....

ethan

mmm, many ideas lurking ;)

i sincerely wish i wasn't already committed to a camping type event the same time as Blade Show... last year was a hoot, this year would be more hootier :)

just have to make 2011 :>

Bladite

A woods weekend would surely teach me some things. My long lazy weekends at the condo down in Gulf Shores, AL. have made me sluggish. Too, my bushcraft skills are nonexistent.

:cool:hey, why not / i've been loading up on beckers, seemingly one every two weeks or so / well not literally, but it seems like a good idea, being that we all are obviously enamored with Beckers / i would like to have something like uhh... truck sticker, t-shirt, patch, or better yet, caps with embroidered patch stitching, etc. / those logos are interesting and i'm sure that we could all agree on something befitting our interest / of course, with the blessings of Ethan / i think that as long as the idea is not invasive or intrusive to their business, then it may be permissible / hey maybe Ethan could take a poll or assessment of sorts that could assist in making a viable determination / it's apparent that we are on the forum for a reason / oh, by the way Mr. Becker, while you are fermenting, may i suggest something from ol' Kentuck'.... a maker or mark or something like that / and you're right, you have been taking my money, but man,man holding a virgin train wrecker makes it okay /

Last edited:
i really like the idea of a weekend in Tennessee....maybe have some chopping competitions with various BK&T models

My vote is for #1 minus the beastly blades added knife & tool (as mentioned earlier)

Simple things ARE often the best

Back