• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The Blade Authority

Maybe this has already been ask, and if so I do apologize. I notice there is a new website called "Blade Authority" at http://www.bladeauthority.com/default.asp which has the same address as The Blade Shop of Knoxville, TN 37928 with the exception of the PO Box. I know its not a largely populated area so one may think its the same post office building. The only difference is The Blade Shop has a PO box of 5800 and Blade Authority is PO Box of 5580. Its the same low pricing and promise of quick shipping. If its not the same folks, I just find it odd how this small town in Tennessee has become the mega capital for drawing multiple knife vendors offering low knife pricing.

Last edited:
Maybe this has already been ask, and if so I do apologize. I notice there is a new website called "Blade Authority" at http://www.bladeauthority.com/default.asp which has the same address as The Blade Shop of Knoxville, TN 37928 with the exception of the PO Box. I know its not a largely populated area so one may think its the same post office building. The only difference is The Blade Shop has a PO box of 5800 and Blade Authority is PO Box of 5580. Its the same low pricing and promise of quick shipping. If its not the same folks, I just find it odd how this small town in Tennessee has become the mega capital for drawing multiple knife vendors offering low knife pricing.

Low pricing and non-delivery!
I have been waiting for months for a promised refund on a Benchmade knife that was on "Back Order" yet still displays as "Available" on their website.
Their phone # is disconnected and they are not replying to email.

This is The Blade Shop.
They do this all the time, this is how they do business, they've been at it like this for almost 10 years now.
Why on Earth would you sit around waiting for a refund for months instead of calling your bank and getting your money back? This makes zero sense and I have no sympathy for it. This is exactly what happens when people chose to try and buy something that they just cannot afford otherwise. Either save your money until you have enough to buy from a legitimate dealer with a solid track record, or buy something you can afford that is comfortably within your budget. The reason these guys are still at it is because there will always be a thrifty sucker on their merry way down the road that won't do any homework BEFORE spending their hard earned cash.

Back