The Busse Combat Tac Cleaver Is Coming This Wednesday, October 25, 2023 At 9:00 PM Eastern

Jerry Busse

The Busse Combat Tac Cleaver is coming this Wednesday, 10-25-2023 At 9:00 PM Eastern

This incredibly well-balanced Cleaver is just at home in the hunting camp as it is in a fine chophouse.
It is important to note that The Tac Cleaver sports an edge that is only .020" thick prior to sharpening, making it a very effective slicer and choppa!!! For a point of reference, .020" is approx. the same thickness as 5 Post-it notes stacked together.

The balance point, with G-10 handles, is right at the blade and handle juncture, making the TC about as neutral as is humanly possible!

Typically, cleavers are extremely blade-heavy to aid in chopping and are VERY thick at the edge prior to sharpening for edge durability. The TAC Cleaver is neither blade-heavy nor thick at the edge.

It partners in the conquest of that elusive recipe that will make the crew wail over your skills as a sportsman and a culinary wonder.

Most who have handled it have commented on its usefulness as a survival knife and one of our test team members thought that it would make for a very effective fighter. . . . It is important to note that this guy belongs to the fighting knife "School Of Slash" and will never be referred to as "Stabby McStabberson". 🤣

Be sure not to miss the opportunity to accessorize your hunting camp and to add a unique piece to your Busse Collection.

Let's Drink and Eat

Jerry

Tac Cleaver SPECS:

Blade Length: Approx. 5.5"
Overall Length: Approx. 10.5"
Thickness: Approx. .210"
Hardness: 58-60 Rc
Steel: INFI
Bevel: Flat Saber
Blade Finish: Coated, Stonewashed, Hand-Applied Satin

PRICING:
Coated Base Price: $327.00
Stonewashed Base Price: $357.00
Satin Base Price: $397.00

Blade Coat Color Options:
Black
Sage
Midnight Blue
Forest Green
Hammered Silver
Muddy Brown
Desert Bronze

Handle Options:
Black Canvas
Tan Canvas
Green Canvas
Black G-10 + $45
Red and Black G-10 + $65
Blue and Black G-10 + $65
Orange and Black G-10 + $65

Tan and Black G-10 + $65
Green and Black G-10 + $65

Satin Finish
cleaver satin Border and edge.jpg

cleaver coated border and edge (1).jpg

Stonewashed Finish
cleaver stone border and edge.jpg

It is a Sexy little beast but it would be over the top if it had Maroon Micarta option.😉
Come on Boss man throw the Hogs a Bone..😎

Wow, I have been trying to be good but I can't let this get past me... This will make a perfect gift for my Wife... Well, I may need to use it until you offer a matching handle for her Steak Knife.
20231005_203010.jpg

Gonna have to think on this one. It is quite tempting.

It is a Sexy little beast but it would be over the top if it had Maroon Micarta option.😉
Come on Boss man throw the Hogs a Bone..😎
Yeah.... maroon micarta might put me right over the top on buying this one. Maroon micarta has been my favorite since I was a kid, having it on one of my first big pocket-knives.

Ohhh man …🤬 I absolutely love this cleaver blade design, but wound of been awesome with a nano fusion handle.

Last edited:
How would you cleaver experts expect a .21" and 5.5" blade cleaver to chop thru bone? Is that heavy enough? Or what would this be used for if not for chopping?

I've been wanting a cleaver for a bit but have never really used one.

I was waiting for a new Busse kitchen cleaver offering, but this Tac handle hurts my soul. lol

A SAR, MUK, pork shank, Boss street, or SOB handle would be swell.

Last edited:
It is important to note that The Tac Cleaver sports an edge that is only .020" thick prior to sharpening, making it a very effective slicer and choppa!!! For a point of reference, .020" is approx. the same thickness as 5 Post-it notes stacked together.

The balance point, with G-10 handles, is right at the blade and handle juncture, making the TC about as neutral as is humanly possible!

Typically, cleavers are extremely blade-heavy to aid in chopping and are VERY thick at the edge prior to sharpening for edge durability. The TAC Cleaver is neither blade-heavy nor thick at the edge.

Let's Drink! :thumbsup:

Jerry :D

woo hoo got my order in.

Back