The Button Guard....

Well,do you think it will sell?
Would you want one at $4.95?
Not for sale yet,just asking for opinuions.:confused:
With a bit of reconfiguration it could be made to fit a number of modern auto also.

Last edited:
Good Idea, need to make different types to fit Microtech ect.. especially the HALO. It is hard to depress the button but I managed to do it one time. It will work great on the type of switch you have pictured. Most modern auto's have that built into the frame around the button, but most Italian style auto's don't, they just have that safety slide, but that gets loose fast. Great Idea IMHO. I'd buy one. I don't know how you're making them, but you could make them to order like Kydex sheath makers do.:thumbup::thumbup:
Better get a patent or at least patent pending. Like yesturday!!or the day you had the idea, go to the .gov patent site and get a patent pending. Like the tek lok, and other small innovations that are a big deal. look how simple an Idea the ''Wave'' is. But it took 200 or so years of folding knives before someone figured it out. I'll take one right now if you had one to fit the DKD swing gaurd type.

Thanks for the feedback stolas223,it is appreciated!
It is patent pending and my reps are waiting for a manufacturer to license it.
The news release is going out to many magazines,papers,etc,including Tactical Knives,Blade,Knives Illustrated,etc.
It has a provisional patent also allowing a manufacturer to make mods to it for just what you want.
I hope to receive more feedbck as it makes me feel a bit more secure,as I have quite a bit invested in this.
Again,thanks for your feedback,it was very well done!:D
P.S.,your knife is a stiletto style knife wit a folding hand guard?
What color and length is it?
You will receive one as soon as they are available.

Last edited:
Been there,ouch,quite a few times as I carry a lot here in Florida.
Thanks for the feed back!:D

Hey there, I just found this, looks like a nifty little gadget to have, especially with makers that don't have any sort of "safety" on thier autos.

Thanks for the feed back batosai117,there will be another news release going out in December,hopefully a manufacturer will pick it up and license it.
When they are available I willm send you one.:D

Thanks for the feed back batosai117,there will be another news release going out in December,hopefully a manufacturer will pick it up and license it.
When they are available I willm send you one.:D

Wow, thank you very much :) Good luck with the licensing, J.

Doesn't happen often, but it's a pain in the nuts when it does, and I speak from experience. There is definately a niche for your product, and I wish you all the best selling it. :thumbup:

Just saw this and WAOW!

IMHO, an invention has to have fullfil three criteria in addressing a need: it needs to be simple, innovative and functional! From the initial impressions, I believe this thing fulfills all of them! Best of luck to you on your product!

Thanks a bunch!
The tab in the rear end is designed to keep the safety in the off position(some safetys get loose and might be on when you don't want them to be and vice versa.)
Still waiting.

Back