The Chat Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning y'all!
X, are you surrrre you haven't tried dog? Remember that taco truck down the street from the bike shop? haha
Sloth, I hope the storm goes easy on you and yours.
D, I know what you mean about that cell phone delay thing. Sometimes I will send a text to Jen and she won't get it. Then it pops up days later like I just sent it.
Drew, get a old Volvo 240. :D
Rolf, TANTO!

Finally got that mixer up and running?! Hahahahaha, that's been a while now! Was it just the brushes upside down like I had thought?

Make it great y'all, I've got the early shift today so hoping I can miss out on all the rain for the drive home.

Been working on modifying one of my reloading scales, couple of safety tips, 1) when milling soft aluminum, even just a little, do not wear sandals. 2) when using large neodymium magnets, put them far, far away from each other and wear heavy gloves.

-X

Stay safe Chris!

Hi Rolf!

Yo Kevin!

Yes X, just the brushes! We're excited to get it going!

I hear you on the Aluminum! Fun stuff to mill though.. like butter after milling Ti! I was wearing a half face respirator and glasses at the wire wheel the other day because my full face respirator unexpectedly broke on me... pulled a big corkscrew of wire out of my forehead after.

"Aloha!"

Gotta practice my Hawaiian. Just a week away...

"Mahalo!"
"One more please, make it a double"

...been playing catch up here but I'm almost caught up... well getting somewhat closer! I'm hoping to get this place going with lots of pics this week.

I don't know if this is "OK" or not but I wanted to post a DFK knife that I have for sale. If it's not ok to do this I'll happily remove it from the thread. As ya'll know Daniel is a great guy to purchase from and I really like his designs! Unfortunately I just haven't been able to give this friction folder Nakago bottle opener the pocket time it deserves so I am moving it on. I'm sure it wont be my last knife from Daniel. Anyways, if you are interested in it please see my thread -> http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1439539-Daniel-Fairly-KFU-Black-Roc-**PRICE-DROPS**

a7b8ff6ba2d37b11cade3ceb6018319a.jpg

Daniel! Your Woodgrain folder is le bom!
How'd you do that??!!

Thanks! lol dremel and carbide burr! I use the ball end of a cylinder burr to do the main grooves then the side to create a texture. I've been practicing for years and my first results looked like someone vandalized the Titanium. :D

Thanks Xander...

I've got the shop all torn apart and am doing some cleaning... my respirator (strap) bit the dust the other day unexpectedly so I've been using a paper one until my new one comes in. It's completely useless! I'm thinking of duct taping my broken respirator to my head and going for it today!!!

Thanks! And that blade mill groove... WHOA!!!
Yea, duct tape, buddy and then get it off with WD40. :D

be careful Daniel, the paper ones do jack shit lol.

Ended up getting the Ford Focus St and I like it a lot, got pep and the power that I missed from my integra. Turbo spools nice as well. Got some custom carpet liners coming in next week as well as weighted shift knob for bling inside. Going to tint the windows but the place I'm going to is booked until December.

Been carrying a heavy flipper for the past two weeks and I think flippers are growing on me, but I kinda want the flip tab to hide inside the scales once its open.

Check out front flippers, no tab! Daniel, didn't you design a front flipper? Ever make it? Or am I just getting lost in the tornado of awesomeness you've been turning out this last 18 months...

-Alexander

Yo DFKers!

Hope all is well with yall. I am out for a week. Hawaii bound. I had promised my wife that I would not be on the hunt for a large slab of Koa to bring home as my souvenir, and I am desperately trying to figure out how to conveniently work that in now. I have a daydream about finding one large slab and someday making handles for all of my personal collection from on piece of wood. I am not sure how I will be able to drop a few bills on a piece of wood and not get in major hot water over it.... Wish me luck.

Thanks! And that blade mill groove... WHOA!!!
Yea, duct tape, buddy and then get it off with WD40. :D

Thanks Rolf! No milling either, that is all ground by hand to 800 grit before finishing.

be careful Daniel, the paper ones do jack shit lol.

Ended up getting the Ford Focus St and I like it a lot, got pep and the power that I missed from my integra. Turbo spools nice as well. Got some custom carpet liners coming in next week as well as weighted shift knob for bling inside. Going to tint the windows but the place I'm going to is booked until December.

Been carrying a heavy flipper for the past two weeks and I think flippers are growing on me, but I kinda want the flip tab to hide inside the scales once its open.

Very nice! Sounds like a great car! I love the older Integras by the way, I went on a road trip in one and it was nuts.

Flippers are cool! I'm always finding myself holding something mid project that needs to be cut and only have one hand to open... I really enjoy how they deploy!

Yo DFKers!

Hope all is well with yall. I am out for a week. Hawaii bound. I had promised my wife that I would not be on the hunt for a large slab of Koa to bring home as my souvenir, and I am desperately trying to figure out how to conveniently work that in now. I have a daydream about finding one large slab and someday making handles for all of my personal collection from on piece of wood. I am not sure how I will be able to drop a few bills on a piece of wood and not get in major hot water over it.... Wish me luck.

Hey what can you do? It might be a one time thing! :D

Have a great time in Hawaii and may you find that great slab of Koa!!!!

Check out front flippers, no tab! Daniel, didn't you design a front flipper? Ever make it? Or am I just getting lost in the tornado of awesomeness you've been turning out this last 18 months...

-Alexander

Thanks X! I made a front flipper, it was a one off larger version of the TJT framelock. Bronze ano and had a small tab in front that makes flipping easy. I want to make more, they are an awesome design.

Gavko makes some killer front fiippers, check out his work!

I may do a non flipper next... a flicker! It will have easy opening access on both sides. It's hard to decide, many designs in the stable!

Lots done here, playing catch up after the respirator bit it... ground 4 knives today after it came in the mail. By the way if you make knives you need a full face respirator.... that half face and glasses stuff does not cut! So glad to be back at the grinder...

Morning guys!

Off to another long range rifle match. Wish me luck!

Daniel, I knew my grey matter was right about the front flipper, I remember it now!

Cheers!

-X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back