The Cheap pen?

Im a fan of Pilot G2 gel refill.
If you want to check out some cool pens go to jet pens. Its a japanese site with all kinds of different pens, markers, highlighters.

Yup, that's my preference, Pilot Gel pens are great, and Zebra makes some awesome all metal ones for cheap.

For that once a month, when the social security check comes in and its time to make out the checks to pay bills, the Pilot G2 is my favorite pen for the writing. So smooth its like a old fashioned fountain pen. The local grocery store has them for all of 2.98 for a package of 2.

I make (turn) my own, but after buying the lathe, chisels, chucks, and all the other gear required they most definitely aren't cheap! Our club usually makes around 1,000 pens that are sent to our troops at Christmas in a program called Patriot Pens.

U9LIZoZ.jpg

For a cheap pen, I like the Bic M10 in either black or blue a lot for general writing. The Cristal is great too as it feels like holding my favourite writing tool of them all, the wood pencil. The downside to the Cristal is the cap which oftentimes gets misplaced. No such problems with the M10 click pen. Parker Jotters are great as well. A bit more classy, but still very cheap as they last for ages.

I was always extremely disappointed with the Jotter's lack of durability. The plastic sleeve that holds it together breaks easily, and if you drop it you're likely to ding the tip and now your ink tube won't come out or retract until you bend it back out.

I was always extremely disappointed with the Jotter's lack of durability. The plastic sleeve that holds it together breaks easily, and if you drop it you're likely to ding the tip and now your ink tube won't come out or retract until you bend it back out.
They make it in all stainless steel. But I've never had that issue. The tips o have are stainless as well. But those sleeves are definitely not durable. The plastic seems so brittle on the new ones.

Has modern production technology made the expensive stuff not worth it, like a 14.95 Casio watch vs an expensive Seiko?

I think you hit the pen on the nib! 😀

And that modern production technology has meant that excellent quality is available with less cost on many items, even those that might not be part of everyone’s EDC, like, um, wine. There’s no longer any need to go very far up the price ladder before you’re drinking superb wine that the prols could only dream of 30-40 years ago.
Then take rifles. A Tikka rifle for a 1000 bucks is just as, or even more, accurate than top tier rifles of a few decades ago.

I blue use Paper Mate Inkjoy pens exclusively. They are cheap and reliable. I always have one in my pocket, and several at home, and it's no big deal to lend or give them away if someone is in need.

I once paid some $25 or so for a cheap aluminum "tactical pen", which I promptly gave away. Such a pain always having to twist the cap off, and it didn't write very well at all compared to the pens PMs. Also, it had a carbide breaker which could be unthreaded from inside the pen to be used on the butt, and it always unthreaded itself while I walked, causing rattle in my pocket. Soooooo annoying! I carry pens to write with, not to take out sentries and body guards. So Paper Mate it is.

Pilot Gel (Bold Tip) are probably my favorite pens.

At roughly $1 each, I don't feel terrible if I lose one and they write great.

Back