The Club and Improvised weapons thread (Post your Handy work!)

New stuff inbound.

First is my hillbilly meteor hammer, because the proper head is so expensive.
yiTyck9.jpg

Next is the modified practice dart/hammer to incorporate the rings for sound, and a scarf for visual.
4Mh8XgV.jpg

The eye bolt is held in place by washers and multiple hex bolts, thus preventing it from coming apart.
mh1C0t3.jpg

Next a paracord kusari fundo.
uYJISBD.jpg

And finally something different from the rash of flails, a six and a half foot long wooden spear.
fRyWcAK.jpg

So I am just figuring out imgur, and I figured I would add my 2 cents. The large one is my take on a war paddle/cricket bat that is 8.8 lbs of Purpleheart. The hammer is my woodworking mallet, 4.8 pounds of Lignum Vitae head and pommel with a Purpleheart handle. I don't care for angled faces, so I left them flat. I call it my "Mjallet" for obvious reasons. The hand axe is included for scale and because I tend to keep it near the Mjallet with my woodworking kit. Now to see if I can get the bloody picture scaled right.....
j4peDvY.jpg

Last edited:
At a house we had many years ago there was a big patch of bamboo that constantly needed trimming. On one such trimmings, this piece developed. Has a nice heft to it. For some reason I have always kept it above a door even though I've got far better weapons within arms reach or on my person (guns, knives). Always makes me smile a bit when in hand.

8bxbl7Jh.jpg

lwD0tv0h.jpg

So I am just figuring out imgur, and I figured I would add my 2 cents. The large one is my take on a war paddle/cricket bat that is 8.8 lbs of Purpleheart. The hammer is my woodworking mallet, 4.8 pounds of Lignum Vitae head and pommel with a Purpleheart handle. I don't care for angled faces, so I left them flat. I call it my "Mjallet" for obvious reasons. The hand axe is included for scale and because I tend to keep it near the Mjallet with my woodworking kit. Now to see if I can get the bloody picture scaled right.....
j4peDvY.jpg

Nearly nine pounds of purpleheart? Good night just how thick is that thing?

Ultra fancy. Where'd that come from?

At a house we had many years ago there was a big patch of bamboo that constantly needed trimming. On one such trimmings, this piece developed. Has a nice heft to it. For some reason I have always kept it above a door even though I've got far better weapons within arms reach or on my person (guns, knives). Always makes me smile a bit when in hand.

8bxbl7Jh.jpg

lwD0tv0h.jpg

Mankind's very first improvised weapon: the stick.

Got that one from Crazy Crow , this one I'm carving myself .

I like your skills in woodworking better than my own. I've got an idea for a trench raiding club made from the handle to a post hole digger and lag bolts screwed into the squared portion.

I like your skills in woodworking better than my own. I've got an idea for a trench raiding club made from the handle to a post hole digger and lag bolts screwed into the squared portion.
I'm hoping for something like this for the end result .

Found these walking on the beach today, washed up after the recent stormy weather that probably brought them down a river from the hills (southern Spain).
About 8 foot long Briar plants, the root balls are heavy hard burl, one has a straight enough section to get a walking stick length out of.

etQotLh.jpg

Can't think of anything to make out of them........ ;)

Last edited:
At the moment I'm working on something new that's not flail related. I'm trying for a Roman pilum type of deal.

etQotLh.jpg

Can't think of anything to make out of them........ ;)

Well I got rained off work today so had a go at cutting & shaping them, Warty Walter soon showed his ugly head as a club & shortly afterwards his dog turned up as a staff. :)

9Qaycjl.jpg

4ePJduc.jpg

bz8MqJZ.jpg

NDWiJ0n.jpg

AKjgSMK.jpg

They need a bit more finishing & are shiny because I'd just applied some Linseed oil. I'd love to be able to say that I did them but they pretty much did themselves!
The club weighs 2.5 lb, & the dog should make a staff if I can work out how to straighten a kink that'll make it a good foot longer than a walking stick.
More pics when finished.

Last edited:
Well I got rained off work today so had a go at cutting & shaping them, Warty Walter soon showed his ugly head as a club & shortly afterwards his dog turned up as a staff. :)

They need a bit more finishing & are shiny because I'd just applied some Linseed oil. I'd love to be able to say that I did them but they pretty much did themselves!
The club weighs 2.5 lb, & the dog should make a staff if I can work out how to straighten a kink that'll make it a good foot longer than a walking stick.
More pics when finished.

Those turned out quite nice. I like the way you let the character of the wood shape the end result.

Some better images of the finished "Warty" & walking staff.

gUPNIMy.jpg

IHvT7SN.jpg

myqti9f.jpg

Nn8vRKi.jpg

TEXA9RJ.jpg

I managed to straighten the staff by heating it making it four feet long, it worked great something I've never done before, linseed oil & a hot air blower on the compression side while under tension.
So now I have this very, very knarly stick about four feet long & it's got me wondering......

DuidHNR.jpg

Only one way to find out. ;)

Some better images of the finished "Warty" & walking staff.

gUPNIMy.jpg

IHvT7SN.jpg

myqti9f.jpg

Nn8vRKi.jpg

TEXA9RJ.jpg

I managed to straighten the staff by heating it making it four feet long, it worked great something I've never done before, linseed oil & a hot air blower on the compression side while under tension.
So now I have this very, very knarly stick about four feet long & it's got me wondering......

DuidHNR.jpg

Only one way to find out. ;)

ET war-club, excellent!

Carbide tipped scriber i picked up from home depot. I practice no spin throwing it like a spike shuriken. Pretty handy for fairly close throws. Could also make a good stabbing implement along the lines of a tactical pen.

WQePrXa.jpg

Carbide tipped scriber i picked up from home depot. I practice no spin throwing it like a spike shuriken. Pretty handy for fairly close throws. Could also make a good stabbing implement along the lines of a tactical pen.

WQePrXa.jpg
Are you ok man?

Are you ok man?

Never been better.

You could try it, it’s pretty easy to throw them once you know what to do. These metal scribers actually throw pretty good.

You could ignore the stupid video title, they actually demonstrate how to do it pretty well.

I’m sure you’ve heard of a tactical pen before?

Back