The Collaboration of the Elite and What it Means for the Consumer

I'm used to always having a tradeoff with knife steel qualities which is why I was curious to what it would be in this case. However there doesn't seem to be one here (or if there is no one's found it yet). It's a WIN all the way around. Optimized 3V has a nice ring to it.

Welllllllll ... it may make the knives more desirable or more expensive eventually... so that's a kind of trade-off. Or it may make other knives LESS desirable and over-priced :D

YEAH :).... I mean yeah. Not a "contest" contest.
I'll have to see how the rest of my Starter knives turn out w/ the new process. From what I'm reading I'm glad all the bigger blades will be getting this.

I have several Nathan knives. And in relatively hard use, under conditions that rendered the edge of several "standard steels", Nathan's 3v edge was still very sharp. I am so excited to get my Survive! knives in 3v and use them. If the heat treat and edge geometry are anything similar, it will be awesome. When men are humble enough and smart enough to ask questions and seek out other people to work together with and share knowledge, and experience, then lots of benefits come out of that...

That's a great video. Am I the only one that thinks that special heat treated blade looks like a Scandi?

Looks like a semi-scandi. Real high secondary bevel. Hopefully that'll pass Guy's muster to bring a GSO scandi to market. That email Guy sent out sounds like it might be difficult to mass produce even though it is a "small" tweak.

Back