The Cowbell Build Thread

I can’t wait to see how that one turns out. It looks great thus far!
I'm looking forward to get through the different colors and see how they turn out. This bone linen really looks nice in hand.

I'm looking forward to get through the different colors and see how they turn out. This bone linen really looks nice in hand.
It’s the first one I was drawn to when you posted all the material options. Do you plan on trying stacked leather on any of these?

No, I'd have to redesign the whole knife and use a stick tang for the stacked leather. A small stacked leather blade like this would be great though.

Never held a birchbark handle. Does it have any weight at all? I think of it like compressed Styrofoam...
I haven't either.
I have one fixed blade with some BB in the handle. It looks really neat.
I also like the looks of a traditional puukko knife, which has a BB handle. It's supposed to be easy to hold in the freezing cold of winter.

Since John is so skilled with stacked leather, stacked BB might be really cool to see him do.
Some pics and info here:
https://russianknives.com/collections/knives-with-birch-bark-handle

I haven't either.
I have one fixed blade with some BB in the handle. It looks really neat.
I also like the looks of a traditional puukko knife, which has a BB handle. It's supposed to be easy to hold in the freezing cold of winter.

Since John is so skilled with stacked leather, stacked BB might be really cool to see him do.
Some pics and info here:
https://russianknives.com/collections/knives-with-birch-bark-handle

Work email is blocking that link - I'll check it when I get home. Hm, "easy to hold in the freezing weather" does sound kind of like compressed Styrofoam. Not a big factor for me in Houston, but puukkos do seem really popular right now, so it might be a hit.

Work email is blocking that link - I'll check it when I get home. Hm, "easy to hold in the freezing weather" does sound kind of like compressed Styrofoam. Not a big factor for me in Houston, but puukkos do seem really popular right now, so it might be a hit.
Yeah, might be.
I'm realizing that I go for a knife for a handful of reasons. An interesting handle is certainly one of them. Check that link when you can.

Yeah, might be.
I'm realizing that I go for a knife for a handful of reasons. An interesting handle is certainly one of them. Check that link when you can.
Hey, those are pretty cool! I didn't know it could be dyed black - I like that a lot. (Of course, that takes away a lot of the birchiness, in the pics anyway.). A lot of cool patterns, too.

Holy brain fart Batman, anyone catch my error on these last two? It's been a busy week but damn, I usually have more attention to detail than that. Easy fix though.

source.gif

I had to look at the pics of the original two - nothing looked wrong.

Re: your lost draft, after googling around... no one seems to know. Maybe it's there for morale.

Back