The CSC Boy's Knife Thread

With the new CSC boy's knvies starting to ship, I think it's time to have a dedicated thread for them. If you have them, please go ahead and post them.

94BOQ3l.jpg

Left to right: Eric's Jack (1 of 100), smooth tootsie roll bone (1 of 50), gold G10 (1 of 100), and zebra wood (1 of 55).

I fell in love with Eric's Jack back when it first came out in 2014, so much so that I decided I was going to start collecting this pattern. After Eric's jack, CSC released four other boy's knives in 2015: burnt white tail and gold G10 for AG Russell, and tootsie roll bone and zebra wood for KSF.

I grabbed one of each, except for the burnt white tail. Of course now I'm kicking myself for not ordering one, but at the time I thought there were going to be so many handle materials released that there was no way I would be able to afford them all. And since the burnt white tail was somewhat similar to the samabar stag on Eric's Jack, I passed. Hindsight is a kicker, ain't it?

But now that CSC is back up and running again, I've got all four of the new boy's knives headed my way. Which means that some time in the next month or so, my collection is going to double in size. I'm already looking forward to posting pictures of it!

Great idea can't wait to post some pics when I get them and see the others too.

On a quick Google search I'm bringing up nothing for current CSC. Where would I go about finding them?

I am hoping that this is the start of a long running successful business!

I would love to hear what Eric thinks of the new start.

scored this one from @ea42 during the rendezvous. Mentioned Ive always wanted one and missed my shot when CSC announced the close and the boys knife sold out right away. this is a different no shield version of the golden g-10. cant wait to see my new ones drop in soon.

btePOia.jpg

scored this one from @ea42 during the rendezvous. Mentioned Ive always wanted one and missed my shot when CSC announced the close and the boys knife sold out right away. this is a different no shield version of the golden g-10. cant wait to see my new ones drop in soon.

btePOia.jpg
If I recall correctly, those were a SFO by AG Russell. When they were first listed on their website, the knife in the photo had no shield. It was subsequently replaced with a photo with a knife with the coin shield. I wonder if the knives with no shield were pre-production samples? @ea42 Do you know?

I know I was disappointed when my gold G10 came with the shield. I loved the look of the shield-less sample first posted on AG Russell. (I got over my disappointment pretty quick though).

One of my favorite things about the CSC Boys Knife is it's size - right around 3 1/4" in OAL. That size just seems to hit the sweet spot for my hand. 3" can be a bit short, and 3 1/2" just a bit too much.

My scarlet bone boy's knife arrived today and I'm beyond pleased. Great fit and finish, nice strong -- but not too strong -- pull, and 154CM steel to boot. I have no prior experience with Canal Street Cutlery but this knife is superb. Sorry for the shoddy pics but my phone's camera is pretty bad.

A few further thoughts. The 154CM behaves like it does on my Emersons where the edge feels toothy and almost dull yet still manages to shave hair. I do plan to put a finer edge on it tomorrow.

uEbrIvh.jpg

q0KYd91.jpg

Last edited:
Back