The Erickson Experience

Fresh arrival. :D

This summer, there was a thread discussing "What do you look for as far as judging quality." I mentioned that the one thing that knocks my socks off is the backspring and liners should look as close as possible to one piece of steel.

Here's an example of just that.

Attachments

• Erickson Dogleg Jack 4.jpg
    Erickson Dogleg Jack 4.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Erickson Dogleg Jack 5.jpg
    Erickson Dogleg Jack 5.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 155
The rest of the knife. . . . . well. . . . . . :cool:

Attachments

• Erickson Dogleg Jack 1.jpg
    Erickson Dogleg Jack 1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Erickson Dogleg Jack 2.jpg
    Erickson Dogleg Jack 2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Erickson Dogleg Jack 3.jpg
    Erickson Dogleg Jack 3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Erickson Dogleg Jack 7.jpg
    Erickson Dogleg Jack 7.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Erickson Dogleg Jack 9.jpg
    Erickson Dogleg Jack 9.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 66
That knife is too good for you....it should be with me. :p

That's a great score.

I really like that jack. It was long gone by the time I came across it. Congrats on the score. :thumbup:

I'm afraid she'll get rusty down in that humid Joe-Ja country.. better send her up to Montana.

Dave

That sure is a beauty! :thumbup:

But next time you take a picture of something with a mirror polish, make sure your ugly mug doesn't make it in the shot. :D

:thumbup:That is sure enough a beauty and I do like the old pattern, swedged master, the whole package NICE. ;)

Ken really does that well, one solid piece of steel look from the back. Not to make some other makers upset, but that is what I look at first, sometimes I am surprised. Both ways, those that do and those who do not. Congrats on the score, Ken nailed that one.
Jim

A very nice looking jack, Jack. It even has the extended backspring dealymabob. I thought you were a single blade slipjoint guy? Has that doggone Bastid turned you into a stinkin' multiblader?

Ken really does that well, one solid piece of steel look from the back. Not to make some other makers upset, but that is what I look at first, sometimes I am surprised. Both ways, those that do and those who do not. Congrats on the score, Ken nailed that one.
Jim

That would explain why you have 16 Alsdorfs. :)

Last edited:
So, basically you're saying you like it? ;)

Congrats again, brother. It's a great knife and couldn't have gone to a better home. :thumbup:

That knife really is fantastic! Ken is putting out some over the top knives.Congrats on it,to the both of you,and Thanks for taking the time to show it.
I asked Ken about the style of long pull on the main blade,I was not certain if I ever saw one "open" at the front & Ken explained yes,it is a deliberate reproduction of a certain vintage jack he studied,in the making.
Then I thought about it & remembered ,yes,I have seen long pulls like this before.I think details like this,show that the knifemaker is really at the top of his trade/craft. Really ,really Fantastic knife!!
-Vince

I asked Ken about the style of long pull on the main blade,I was not certain if I ever saw one "open" at the front & Ken explained yes,it is a deliberate reproduction of a certain vintage jack he studied,in the making.
-Vince

The dogleg I wanted to send Ken had an open long pull...and it was a match striker too.

With candle end cap.

And green bone.

I hate you Gig ! ;)

Oh, forgot. Elliott doesn't allow crying here.

Fran

I hate you Gig ! ;)

Fran

I can see I'm going to have to add whining, kvetching and wheedling to the list as well...:p

The dogleg I wanted to send Ken had an open long pull...and it was a match striker too.

With candle end cap.

And green bone.

I hate you Gig ! ;)

Fran

Fran,I've also seen those long pulls run back into the tangs

That is one great thing about traditional pocketknives,the variations of patterns & everything about them,is cool
I have a dog leg on order & the maker wanted to do rat tail bolster,I said,sounds good to me !! I've personally never seen one like that,but I'm sure there is one out there.After all,a dog leg jack,as well as a Eureka jack is just a version of a serpentine jack,as far as I know
-Vince

Fran,I've also seen those long pulls run back into the tangs

-Vince

Yep ! galvanic brought one like that to the Middletown show last weekend, but I've not seen that on an American made knife.

You can never go wrong with a rat tail. Can't wait to see it. :thumbup:

But...back to the Erickson's. I never tire of seeing his or Ken C's.

Fran

Not much to say here, that knife is really beyond words...... :thumbup:

Back