The ever popular cadet, I finally pulled the trigger

The nail file may be more handy than you think. I like having two blades and toothpick/tweezers which is why I have the Small Tinker. If they made a Cadet in plastic, I would own one. I'm not that crazy about alox SAKs; they look nice and all that. I have the Soldier, Pioneer, and Electrician in alox.

While not a exactly the same, the Victorinox Salesman comes close to being a "Cadet in plastic", it adds the corkscrew and awl.

There seem to be some on the website named after a certain South American river

While not a exactly the same, the Victorinox Salesman comes close to being a "Cadet in plastic", it adds the corkscrew and awl.

There seem to be some on the website named after a certain South American river

You mean sportsman right ?

Does it bother any of y’all that the file scratches the blade to crap unless you’re real careful?
Otherwise a very cool, compact knife.

Does it bother any of y’all that the file scratches the blade to crap unless you’re real careful?
Otherwise a very cool, compact knife.
You know, I'm not even sure if mine does this I'll have to look.
If it does though it's no big deal.

Reactions: 315
I have a Cadet as a desk knife so I can do minor cutting and also file my nails :) I am an Alox lover and my carry of choice is a Rancher. The pruner blade is perfectly suited for not only trimming plants outside but also opening the multitude of Amazon boxes that seem to show up every day.

Back