The Fire Thread

I love this shot! But you seriously need to send me your 9. I will bring that edge back to life for you, you won't regret it...;)
Thanks man, I like that shot too. That edge looks just fine and dandy thank you, haha. It does need some serious help, but, the I wouldn't have my beloved niner.

Thanks brother! I always like cruising through here, lots of good folks. You've got posters with some serious skills in this thread, and you've definitely got those top-down fires figured out yourself :thumbsup: I'm going to watch and learn. Cheers brotherman!

After seeing The Warrior The Warrior 's fire piston, I need to get one to play with. It's the only way I've never started fire, so I gotta try it out! Fire is the heart of camp and whenever we venture into the woods, we build fires. It's like second nature for us to do so, priority #1!

After seeing The Warrior The Warrior 's fire piston, I need to get one to play with. It's the only way I've never started fire, so I gotta try it out! Fire is the heart of camp and whenever we venture into the woods, we build fires. It's like second nature for us to do so, priority #1!
You'll love messing around with the fire piston. I get them out every once in awhile, just to check them out, and smell some chaga. I have yet another fire starter, I haven't used for some time. Perhaps I'll get some sequence shots of it next time we go to the cabin.

Thanks man, I like that shot too. That edge looks just fine and dandy thank you, haha. It does need some serious help, but, the I wouldn't have my beloved niner.

I'll send you mine. When you receive it, then you can send me yours. Then you won't be without a 9...:D

You'll love messing around with the fire piston. I get them out every once in awhile, just to check them out, and smell some chaga. I have yet another fire starter, I haven't used for some time. Perhaps I'll get some sequence shots of it next time we go to the cabin.

I want one of those clear ones like that guy in the video! Compression...it's a hot thing!

Custom fire tinder...cottonballs filled with lamp oil, dipped in paraffin. Burns like gas once it gets going!
DSC_0691_zpskbw6izm0.jpg

Custom fire tinder...cottonballs filled with lamp oil, dipped in paraffin. Burns like gas once it gets going!
DSC_0691_zpskbw6izm0.jpg
I'll bet those burn like crazy.

I thought that MTM lady was supposed to be posting mega photos of fire?

I taught him everything he knows! :D

As much as I would enjoy feeding that fire (pun intended, i'm soooo clever ha!) I shall remain Switzlerland! :) I have no doubts sister!!

After seeing The Warrior The Warrior 's fire piston, I need to get one to play with. It's the only way I've never started fire, so I gotta try it out!

For sure. I've not started one that way either. It's definitely interesting.

qeop7Um.jpg

Last edited:
Some great pics :thumbsup: ... Just a lil vasoline on the cotton ball will lite easy and burn long enough to get a great fire going ... or steal one of the kids frito chips and light that ... they always get a kick out of that (well after they get over losing a frito lol) ...

I'll hopefully have a couple pics to add to this in the next day or two ... might try a few of the old tricks see if they cooperate for a one man camera crew ...

Back