The gentlemans steak knife

Well I got this off of Andy when I was leaving Blade show. I love this blade. Cant wait til it helps me bone out a deer this fall. I dont know why Andy chose the Gentlemans Steak Knife as a name but that does not really matter. If you are looking for a boning knife this is it. And a lill birdie told me that Andy has been tossing around the idea of a filet knife! Cant wait for that one to come out. Enough of the blab. Here she is helping me with some pulled/cut pork.
Fiddlebackforge003.jpg

Fiddlebackforge002.jpg

Fiddlebackforge004.jpg

Cant wait for my other two blades to get here, I hear its pretty soon coming. :thumbup::D

That is sweet. I'd need to get a set of four of those bad boys though, everybody at the table would want to use it!

What kind of handle slabs are those? Thanks for the pics now i'm verrrry hungry. :D

Doug

Nice score man! I'm still kicking myself for not picking up one of those. That is some tasty looking pork too. I thought Carolina Q was supposed to be chopped ;):D

I've got to call Aldo and order steel today. I'll get some thin stuff. A filet knife is definitely coming.

That knife is sweet congrats!!!

Man I could have used a filet knife last night on some salmon we had for dinner. I look forward to both!!!

Oh man! The last thing my bank needs to hear is that there is a filet knife coming! I would finally be able to get rid of my BRKT Bird and Trout.

Nice score man! I'm still kicking myself for not picking up one of those. That is some tasty looking pork too. I thought Carolina Q was supposed to be chopped ;):D

Mine usually is but the boys at work wanted pulled so it would stay on the buns a lil better! I say just squeeze a lil harder and lick up the residual. But yea you sure should have gotten one. I was going to get the Padre but someone came to the table and picked it up right b4 I was getting ready to leave. Now Im kinda glad they did. Still want a Padre or Chefs knife tho.

What kind of handle slabs are those? Thanks for the pics now i'm verrrry hungry. :D

Doug

I believe that they are carmel linen mircarta.

That is lager g-10 with nat can micarta liner, pins and bullseye tube. Looks neato right? I'm doing more of it. I like that lager g-10 a lot. G-10 is the only thing that really holds up to kitchen use that I've found.

Now that's a knife I would use everyday. I'll have to keep a lookout at the dealers Andy sells through as I've only been fast enough once to score one of Andy's knives on this Forum. I wished my business had the demand Andy's does ! Great looking functional knife (as usual)

:cool:

I expected to see a much smaller knife, based on the name, "Gentleman's Steak Knife", but I really like the looks of it! Looks like a slicer for sure and the lager G-10 is killer!

oh, and now it's time for dinner. I'm hungry! :D

Anthony

I was checking these out at Blade, should be an awesome boning knife and I bet the filet knife will be fantastic.

I managed to pick up this guys twin brother. I think Andy should have named it the Uber thin laser knife instead of the Gentleman's Steak knife but hey, what do I know. Can't wait for more kitchen cutlery offerings. :cool:

Back