The HOGB8 Thread

Which style for the satin HOGB8?

• Regulator blade and handle shape, with .30+" thickness, but in satin INFI

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Basic blade and handle shape, but with modest swedged clip and massive thickness

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rjyu1vJ.jpg

2ELNaWU.jpg

YrM8IzY.jpg

GwNsL74.jpg

Thanks brother! Funny thing is I’m not a dad....yet but my wife is due 10/25!
Grats to you and yours!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
and nice grillin! my laptop screen is super clean now, had to wipe all the slobber off LOL! I used my SK last night grilling brats but no pics- wifey thought I was already off the deep end and didn't want to push it. That extra length came in handy rolling those pork smileys :D

I'm curious, does anyone actually prefer the HOGB8 over B8LE if have both?

For now, the Basic 8 LE is my go-to belt carry as a just-in-case big knife for potential (unexpected) survival situations.

For example, I like the B8LE for belt carry in off-trail wilderness situations where I might have to build shelter or split wet wood to get to dry wood for a fire. It’s nimble, strong and light, and paired with a good folder is a perfect just-in-case carry option for me.

The HOGB8 adds the ingredient of indestructibility for use in situations that might wreck a lighter blade, especially when a few extra ounces are a plus rather than a minus—for example as an emergency tool in a vehicle, for rescue breaching/intrusion/extraction, or for task-specific work like breaking down heavy objects where you expect and intend to be hammering on a blade or hammering/prying with it.

As the HOGB8 is only about 4 oz heavier than the B8LE and matches it in all dimensions other than blade thickness, I understand why anyone who doesn’t mind the extra weight would prefer the HOGB8 across the board. I may get there myself—time will tell.

As it stands, the B8LE is my “just-in-case” single-blade belt carry and my HOGB8 is for in-vehicle emergency carry and specific, intentional heavy-use/abuse applications.

I wouldn’t want to give up either one.:thumbsup::cool:

LOVE my B8LE rig from Mark Condos at Condos Leather. Rides high and tight and is very light for its size. Also almost inconspicuous under the belt strap of my GoLite pack and quickly deployable. (Click on photos for enlargements)

DB785247-88BE-453D-89D7-B159F9FB820A.jpeg 304C386E-140A-4081-BCC4-30EC5D41C428.jpeg

Waiting on sheaths for my HOGB8—anyone have HOGB8 sheath photos yet?

Check 3-4 posts up there is a link to their sales page.

I'm still waiting on shipment from Busse...:(

Thanks Will, I decided to go with satin War feather mostly because of your writings about it.
Now I get it in hand and have no regret at all. It is absolutely well balanced thick blade. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Will, I decided to go with satin War feather mostly because of your writings about it.
Now I get it in hand and have no regret at all. It is absolutely well balanced thick blade. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very kind of you to say, Erto—I love how it turned out, also. As Stumpy predicted, an iconic Busse classic.:cool:

Back