The hole in Cold Steel's Goldeneye

"I don't want to start or stir any fire with my post. Personally, I don't get into politics. I just really like knives! "
:p:p:p

I think it's pretty funny how they used a round hole and called it the Goldeneye. No idea if that was intentional or not. I think the knife is too fugly a design to sell well, so I think it's going to be inconsequential.

Why can't they mix it?

I'm here. Haven't exploded yet.

Benchmade did not get permission to use the Round Hole.

I'm also here! Fan of both, user and collector of both
As for the hole,
Did SOG (SogZilla), Buck (Vantage), CRKT (Amicus), Emerson (CQC10), 5.11 (Scout Tanto), KaBar (Dozier), Gerber (Gator Premium) FOX (Karambit), Brother, Navy, etc. ask for permission? Or is it an ellipse a different thing? What about the Brd line? Those also have kind of a tear or elongated hole as the opening method...

I have to ask, does that gold colored thumb ramp/stud bushing in the hole of this Goldeneye rotate or spin freely?

I'm also here! Fan of both, user and collector of both
As for the hole,
Did SOG (SogZilla), Buck (Vantage), CRKT (Amicus), Emerson (CQC10), 5.11 (Scout Tanto), KaBar (Dozier), Gerber (Gator Premium) FOX (Karambit), Brother, Navy, etc. ask for permission? Or is it an ellipse a different thing? What about the Brd line? Those also have kind of a tear or elongated hole as the opening method...

I believe Fox manufactures product for Spyderco.

Navy seems to be a company that thrives on copying and altering designs as knives that ride the fine line of being a blatant knock-off of other companys products.

Byrd is owned by Spyderco.

You could also add the Victorinox Hunter Pro to your list of questions...

Or is it an ellipse a different thing?
Spyderco's trademark is a round hole used as an opener. So, yes, an elliiptical hole used as an opener or, for that matter, a hole of any shape other than round being used as an opener, is "a different thing".

I think it's pretty funny how they used a round hole and called it the Goldeneye. No idea if that was intentional or not. I think the knife is too fugly a design to sell well, so I think it's going to be inconsequential.
What if they used a BROWN bushing instead of gold?
😀

Well I've noticed many similarities between cold steel and spyderco as of late. For one, look how spyderco let cold steel use their design idea for the black talon. Spyderco also has a knife out for 2017 that is quite reminiscent of a tufflite. They both went to gratuitous use of CTS xhp about a year or so ago. And quite frankly, their knives have grown to resemble each other's in my opinion, in many ways. They seem either to be in the deepest throws of competition, or very friendly companies.

Back