The Interview

Huh? What are these guys doing here while I'm out standing in the field?
img_20190811_121632937.jpg.pdf

Gotchya. I'm always on my android and forget that I can click, hold and open. Neat photo!

Last edited:
It's a matter of necessity. I'd go nuts trying to guess what the photo was, so instead I go nuts clicking things and hitting keyboard keys until I see the photo. Remembering the correct combination of clicking or typing is the only hard part. As for other computer skills, I just wing it and hope that winging it works.

This is a proprietary issue because the picture was sent to me from a google services account and this complicates transferring the content to a smooth-working format I can work well with. It was only in pdf that I could import the google originated picture to my hosting server which provides me the url for transformatting onto this website. I wish it were otherwise but it's not. I will add this as an edit just for more information. Depending on the browser I am using I get more or less imagery. Has something to do with settings installed.

I can't see the image. Or link or whatever it is! What am I missing???

This is a proprietary issue because the picture was sent to me from a google services account and this complicates transferring the content to a smooth-working format I can work well with. It was only in pdf that I could import the google originated picture to my hosting server which provides me the url for transformatting onto this website. I wish it were otherwise but it's not. I will add this as an edit just for more information. Depending on the browser I am using I get more or less imagery. Has something to do with settings installed.

The picture shows on my phone but not on my PC. It is a picture file that is turned to pdf for proprietary reasons as you mentioned.
Here is your picture converted to jpg. I will remove it for any reason you wish:
img12.jpg

The "picture posted" in post #1 also does not show on my phone. I have an Android, so don't know about iPhones, smart phones or any other. Since the OP used the image function

s3EwUIj.jpg

for a document (.pdf file) the software could not display the embedded image (for my devices) within the document. Linking to the document
at least will lead to the page and hence photo for folks with devices like mine.

This is really not a complex issue compared to some of the joinery concepts used in say timber framing.;)

Hope this helps.

Bob

I would like to know about the interview also.
That's a fine looking dog, is it yours Earnest? I never trust a man that doesn't like dogs or my dogs don't like.
Yes, the dog belongs to me. He is from October so has not yet reached one year. The more we are together the better we get along.

I'll cut in on the story at this point, for brevity's sake. Working there like that next to the sawyer, he approaches with a proposal. He had a stem to dimension as a component for a kind of horse driven mill however one stem provided to him was excessively crooked to the point he could not get the proper dimension by sawing so he proposed that once he'd sawn the two straight sides to that height that I take over and cut the width down following the curvature of the stem since this would have no bearing on the construction but would conserve the full strength of the beam. Well, the principle is an old one and common enough, making use of otherwise unsuitable material. This is when the film crew which is making a production to be part of the presentation on the grounds of this historic manor house entered the scene wanting their explanations.

To return to all these variations in what pops up and what doesn't on the screen though. On one browser I open a page of this Blades Forum website and directly I get the content I was seeking while on the other browser I make the same move and have this super irritation of what looks like a kind of self-promotion or in-your-face gimmick intended to get my attention. Does anyone else have to deal with this crap? And how to get rid of it?

Last edited:
To return to all these variations in what pops up and what doesn't on the screen though. On one browser I open a page of this Blades Forum website and directly I get the content I was seeking while on the other browser I make the same move and have this super irritation of what looks like a kind of self-promotion or in-your-face gimmick intended to get my attention.
Nobody needs that.:(

Does anyone else have to deal with this crap? And how to get rid of it?
You will need to make known what browser and a web address that causes the irritation, then there may be a good chance a member here may duplicate the problem and can help.:thumbsup:

Bob

PS If all else fails, I for one have some "expert" backup consultants (aka grandkids) who work more or less pro gratis.:D

The problematic, in this instance because otherwise many more visuals come through here than there, browser is safari, web address, anything with
b l a de f r o um s . c o m
standing at the beginning, then a kind of knife logo, grey background and tv screen and stuff pops and I've got to klick it away and all that hassle I can better do without. Never used to happen until recently and I held out hope that it was temporary but my patience is running awfully thin. Probably someone's using it to get me to pay a fee or something, you know, kind of like "pay up or else we're going to go on provoking with irritating interruptions because we have such a prerogative..."

Well. . . cut off my legs and call me SHORTY!:eek:

FWIW, out of curiosity I downloaded Safari on my laptop (Windows 10) and pulled up this thread. Here is a screen shot of what came up:

0B2LVbz.jpg

Bob

Back