The Joy of discovering new things in life!!!! Ray Laconico Knives!!!!

Sharpe95th

BANNED
I have recently started looking around and into independent knife blacksmiths in the hope of finding new artists making products that are not over hyped. I also really wanted to find some genuine aspects to peoples work regarding how they market their business and it is very important to me to be able find a knife maker who's customers are not cut throats and who do not behave like overgrown children. Knives are made to be used and not kept in a safe.
I am extremely happy I found a knife maker with designs that up until two hours ago I could only hope to find.
Ray Laconico's Knives seem excellent, I can only hope to one day be able to handle one of them. Best get saving my pennies :(

Matt .........An English Cat

Matt - You have found the right place. Ray's work is impeccable. I live near Ray and visit him regularly (we even go on hikes occasionally). Ray is a great guy and humble, his success has not gone to his head.

Matt, I feel exactly the same way. Ray's knives hit the sweet spot for me. I just wish I could figure out how to get one, lol!

Each time I see the flippers on the exchange ( always too late I might add ) I am never disappointed to find elegantly stunning design, the clean utilitarian lines really appeal to me. One day I'll get there just in time and bring one into NZ.

Very much on my radar.

@ Sharpie95th - would your rather scathing comments be referring to Hinderer?

Hi Ray
I am really taken with your work, when I have been on the web the last couple of days all I have done is look for examples of the knives that u have made for people lol and I am still looking"
I have saved some pics of some of them so I do not have to keep looking for them again and those knives are just everything of what a knife should be for me, there is no unnecessary dynamics to any of your knives that I have seen. Every part of the blade can be used for what a knife is supposed to be used for and your work don't look too bad either:rolleyes:
I would really like to ask you if it would be possible to place an order for two Knives around the beginning of November later this year? I can imagine that you are busy to say the least but I would be over the moon if you will be taking orders sometime around then.

Thanks and kind Regards

Matt

Last edited:
Hi Jaytaylor

No I wasn't referring to Hinderer? I only own 1 Knife at the moment and I only started to become interested in Knives again since I started hiking and camping when coming to Uni, its all I seem to do in my spare time now lol I spent quite some time looking around for what knife I wanted though and when I found the maker and design I wanted it took me around two months to finally get one here in the UK. I love the knife and I cannot really knock it at all but over the last 6 months since I got it and since coming onto the forums now and again I have noticed certain things in regards why some people collect them and what seems to me the cold hearted extremes some people will go to so they are able to hoard as many of them as they can and then be arrogant about it lol I wont mention it on this post bcos it wouldn't be right and I don't want to put anyone or anything down that people or doing bcos it just escalates. but I just like the fact that there are other Knifemakers in this world also who make great pieces who don't have rubbish like that attached to them and that's important for me.
Thanks
Matt:)

Last edited:
Back