The Khalsa has arrived!!!

This knife is awesome, hands down. I don't care how funny it looks. The thing is, even though I knew the measurements, it seemed like it would be a much bigger knife. The truth is, this is the best little knife in a small package I've seen/felt in awhile. The handle is just about perfect for my hand, and the opening is smooth, better than most of the Spydies I own. Lockup is solid.

Is it true that this knife has been discontinued? That would be a shame, but I can see how some folks might find this knife a little too ugly to carry. I can't help but compare this to the REKAT Escalator, even though the Khalsa isn't designed for the same purpose. I'll be looking forward to the "Gunting" knife when it comes out though.

This knife is now my favorite Spyderco, and will probably go into my right pocket
smile.gif

Thanks!

Tom

Yes, the JSK is a wonderful knife. It's my daily carry. You would be hard-pressed to find a jurisdiction that forbade the Khalsa if it allowed knives at all. Yet it's totally effective.

And it's beautiful, of course.

I think if I reverse the clip it will work like a Commander...I've tried it by just holding it against the back of my pocket with the tip up and pulling up and back.

Tom,
Yes, the C40 Jot Khalsa has been discontinued.

If interested, Dennis Wright of Wright Knives at 1-800-400-1980 still has a few.

------------------
John F Jensen
"Your Quality Distributor"
619-475-3633

There`s no shortage of Khalsas yet! You can get one for about $50 on ebay anytime.

I have to agree, I love the Khalsa, but it`s not my daily carry. I do think they feel great in the hand and would be great for marathon cutting chores. It`s really unique, a marvel when you take the time to really look at it.

Tom,
Yes - the c40 Jot Khalsa has been discontinued.

If anyone is interested, Dennis Wright of Wright Knives at 1-800-400-1980 has a few in stock.

------------------
John F Jensen
619-475-3633

Hi John,

What kind of double post was that?

If your gonna do it, do it right!!!!!

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Later,
John

------------------
Absentem qui rodit amicum, qui non defendit alio culpante, solutos qui captat risus homimum famamque dicacis, fingere qui non visa potest, commissa tacere qui nequit: hic niger est, hung tu, lamnia lammina lamna forumites, caveto!

John,
What double post? You Caught me ---
redface.gif

Actually I couldn't find the first post so I did it again. I did this on another thread as well. Seems the "program" wasn't recognizing me.

At least I know some is reading this stuff.
Thanks for noticing

------------------
John F Jensen
619-475-3633

I also have a Khalsa that arrive just the other day. I would like to really enjoy this knife -- I love the funky shape, the micarta, the ultra-smooth action and the sharpness of it -- but because of the design, it doesn't seem to open and close as easily as I thought it would. Because of how far out the hole is, I have to move my thumb through a much bigger arc than usual, so it's hard to open in a single motion. Furthermore, I can't reach the liner lock recess from a cutting position -- I have to move my hand around in order to get my thumb to the recess. Also, the liner seems to "stick" to the blade a lot so that it's hard to push the liner away when I want to close the knife.

Is there a way I can get around these problems? Could they represent problems with my particular knife (an eBay purchase), or did this model just not quite work out for someone with my hand size (pretty average I think!)

I just started carrying a Khalsa this week and I really like it. The blade and handle shape are pretty cool, plus it opens super smooth, too. I have fun just looking at it. Too bad it's discontinued, but oh well...

No problems with opening -- I actually like the pronounced hump, great for gloves.

Tom

johnniet,

Maybe you are too used to opening one specific type of folder. Hence, your opening technique does not work for the Khalsa. My Khalsa opens easily and quickly. Different knives require slight adjustments in thumb motion. Try it out. Have fun!

Back