The kopis short sword.

I noticed that the specs on your short sword placed it in the lower end of the spectrum in terms of length. I know that you design a lot of your blades with the intention to be used and so I was just curious what lead you to make the sword the size you did. Did you find a larger size was too unwieldy. Did you find anything shorter underperformed at chopping. How come you went with the kopis recurve style of blade? Maybe these weren't considerations at all. I just know that you had reasons for making it the way you did and was curious what they were.

Well... the size came about because I like to carry a 21" baton. I train with a solid piece of 1" poly and the size just feels right. The first one http://youtu.be/qRhL8FUrAgY?list=UUe2K985Mejs5qvSqZp9QQGw was made for a local client the trains in Kali and thought the design was great. Ive made large chopper half this size and they perform great. The recurve gives you a little forward weight but feels very balanced. Ive been told and I would say once you handle one you'd be surprised it just feels perfect not to much and not to little. Most of the ones Ive made are being used in the woods as chopping tools and Ive only received great feed back.

Hope this helps :) contact me any time with questions 678-936-8301

Here's a pic of a minor kopis i recently finished

Back