The legal transport and display of automatic knives

I have a similar posting to this in the automatic knife forum, however I thought perhaps someone could help me here. Is there a federal licence or way to legally transport automatic knives interstate or even in state if the knives are pre 58 and or have been acquired legally by a peace officer, military personnel or in a jurisdiction where they are legal, If the sole purpose of such a display was for historical reference ( Not for sale). In conjunction with a lecture ( at a college ) or a show( for example) It would seem that given an ffl licence allows the transport of all types of firearms. These items should also have some way of being legally displayed and discussed. What would be the agency or organization to contact regarding said license or permission? I will be out of town for a while so I may not be able to respond to any ideas anyone may have regarding this but, any suggestions or positve ideas would be appreciated. Rich

[This message has been edited by lt632ret (edited 04-20-2001).]

As far as I can tell, there is no way to legally transport automatic knives from an area in which they were legally acquired into or though an area in which they are illegal. Of course, it all comes down to state and local laws and ordinances. Many areas have an exemption for knives used in theatrical productions. I don't know if any have exemptions for educational programs. Some areas which allow the possession, but not the carry, of automatic knives also allow them to be transported to and from shows. Again, you need to check locally. There is no federal license or permit to cover you.

Back