The little pen knife that could

Here’s probably my favorite to carry outside of my Swiss Army knife.

Case natural bone half whitler in CV. I put it next to my peanut for size comparison.
I don't tend to think of the 08 half whittler when it comes to pen knives, but I love 'em none the less.

The 08 is my favorite Case pattern, but I prefer their carbon steel and there's only 2 options for it.

I have a grey bone example around here somewhere, but I find the grey bone extremely ugly and I'm thinking I may try to dye it black or something if it can be done without hurting the carbon steel blades.

I don't tend to think of the 08 half whittler when it comes to pen knives, but I love 'em none the less.

The 08 is my favorite Case pattern, but I prefer their carbon steel and there's only 2 options for it.

I have a grey bone example around here somewhere, but I find the grey bone extremely ugly and I'm thinking I may try to dye it black or something if it can be done without hurting the carbon steel blades.
I always prefer carbon as well. Happy I found mine in carbon. I still love my peanut and prefer it as a “worry stone” more. But do like the slightly longer handle on the half whittler.

Wish Case made more carbon steel options of all their patterns. If you’re someone who enjoys slipjoints, you are also probably someone who knows how to take care of carbon knives.

I always prefer carbon as well. Happy I found mine in carbon. I still love my peanut and prefer it as a “worry stone” more. But do like the slightly longer handle on the half whittler.

Wish Case made more carbon steel options of all their patterns. If you’re someone who enjoys slipjoints, you are also probably someone who knows how to take care of carbon knives.
The peanut size is right up my alley, but I just can't get past the nail nick position on the main blade of the peanuts these days so I didn't keep mine.
I wish it had the same nail nick position found on the 08 which seems to be the exact same blade.

I believe they still run the 08 in carbon steel with white smooth bone and the ugly grey bone, but sadly they offered it in so many beautiful cover options I had to pass on because I'm just not a fan of their mirror polished SS blades, I wish they'd at least do the ground finish if it's gotta be SS.
It's also a matter of principle because they have 1095 but just refuse to use it.

5KUFwnU.jpeg

THIS!

I have always loved the sheep foot, and on my Buck 301 and the 303i carried later, it was my most used blade. On my non SAK pocket knives that are only few now, the Victorinox florist knife is a favorite for when I know I will need more knife than my classic that will cut like the dickens. In the 1800's, the sheep foot blades a very popular blade on the simple working folders of the day for a lot of people. Strong blade, but with a fine point that you can bear down on safely without the blade folding up because of the 45 degree angle the knife is held at while doing so. I have always thought that our British cousins were onto something with their real lamb foot blades.

Years ago, I took a file and made the pen blade of my tinker into small sheep foot blade. It made the small blade more usable in many ways, including the opening of the accursed plastic blister packages. I wish Victorinox had an option of a cadet x with a sheep foot blade. THAT, would be my dream SAK.
Victorinox alox electrician has a sheepfoot blade,very useful

Back