The New SURVIVE!

We are still working on updating all of the information pages on the website so bear with us while we get everything finalized.

Follow this link to the full details.

The shorter version is:

We are going to be transitioning away from our craft production model… kind of (You folks can probably guess where this is headed). The SK Series is being introduced as our main line of knives. They are being produced off-site (but still in the USA) and will be shipped to us, where Jordyn or I will check for major defects before boxing them up and shipping them out. This line is for the folks who want us to make more, faster.

To the people who are worried right now because they believe our knives are worth some patience, the GSO Series will continue with all of the hand finishing, customizing, and crazy QC standards as always. Though, there will be some changes as availability decreases and prices go up.

There is a lot of time and care that goes in to each GSO Knife, a process which we are not planning to scale up. In order to grow SURVIVE!, we will be offering the SK Series as our high-end production line.

Don’t freak out, the GSO preorders will not be negatively affected by the SK Series. The first SK Series runs are being made with the extra steel that was originally intended to increase the run sizes for the GSO knives, along with investment that was specifically pegged for SK production. In reality, the introduction of the SK Series will speed up overall production by allowing the SURVIVE! Workshop to focus solely on fulfilling preorders while someone else is working on the remaining materials.

Those of you who continue to call and email asking us to take your preorder or have been looking forward to regular ordering for a particular model, we will be running last chance preorders for the models as they are getting ready to start production. These preorders are your last opportunity to lock in a GSO knife. In the future, the GSO knives will not be readily available, the prices will increase, and I can't guarantee if some of them will ever be made again.

Our goal is to have the SK Series be regularly in stock and available for immediate ordering and delivery. In order to get to that point as quickly as possible we would like to know how many of these knives we should be making. To gauge interest levels, we are asking people to let us know they want one. The initial runs for the SK Series knives are available for preordering with only a $25 nonrefundable deposit. Though if you choose to pay up front we will give you a 5% discount since we won't have to deal with the extra time to contact you for the final payment.

I know there will be the blowback from some people about another preorder, but we were trying to come up with a way to make it fair for the folks who actually don’t mind preordering and really want a GSO. We are expecting it to become very difficult to order those in the future.

If you don’t like the options we are setting out, don’t order and please be considerate toward the people who do. This is a necessary transition phase and we hope you will come back to check out SURVIVE! knives once the SK Series is fully up and running.

This video isn't live yet, since we still have some pages to update. But Guy wanted me to share it with you since there is a bit more information in it.

Man, I hope the first model SK is the 3.5. That would be an awesome completion to my lineup!

EDIT - Just check the web site and there are several knives in the SK area, including a D3V 3.5. This is very cool. Can't wait for it to go live!

Hey Ellie, it says "To ease the transition for folks who have been waiting for their chance to order a GSO knife, we will be running final preorders for each GSO model as it gets close to starting production. These preorders will be your last chance to lock in an order for a GSO knife."
But in the GSO page there are no 4.7s. Is that a mistake, or will this dis-include the 4.7?

Hey Ellie, it says "To ease the transition for folks who have been waiting for their chance to order a GSO knife, we will be running final preorders for each GSO model as it gets close to starting production. These preorders will be your last chance to lock in an order for a GSO knife."
But in the GSO page there are no 4.7s. Is that a mistake, or will this dis-include the 4.7?
Ellie always has a better answer, but I'm guessing she meant another brief preorder will happen for the knives that have not started production on yet.

This is really exciting news! Looking forward to the new SK line and all the improvements that it will bring for your company and your customers :thumbsup:

This is very cool to hear!

Please forgive my ignorance and I don't want to sound like a troll, but I have not seen any SK knives for sale, so how will S!K increase production/reduce delivery times if they have not been spending time working on SK production?

This is very cool to hear!

Please forgive my ignorance and I don't want to sound like a troll, but I have not seen any SK knives for sale, so how will S!K increase production/reduce delivery times if they have not been spending time working on SK production?
The SK line is heading out to be worked on by another company. Guy can focus on GSO preorders while the SKs are worked on elsewhere. At least that's how I understood it!

The SK line is heading out to be worked on by another company. Guy can focus on GSO preorders while the SKs are worked on elsewhere. At least that's how I understood it!

Thanks, I saw that, but my simple brain is saying, "have they been working on SK orders previously", because I have not seen any for sale. So, I'm trying to figure out how this will increase GSO production and reduce wait times. I may be missing something, but it seems like it will be business as usual, with the addition of the fast aquisition of the SK line (which is a good thing). Again, I'm not being negative and I love the fact we can grab a Survive knife in a quicker time frame, I'm just trying to wrap my brain around how we can get a GSO knife quicker if S!K has not been working on getting SK's to the consumers previously.

I think wood is saying that currently Survive! don't do an SK series anyway and so doing one externally would not make a difference to how they run the current GSO production.
From what I understand, Survive! anticipate people to order SK more than GSO and so that means less demand and time spent on backlog. I could and usually am wrong.

ETA: Sorry wood I jumped in the same time you replied and probably added more confusion and nothing else :D

I think wood is saying that currently Survive! don't do an SK series anyway and so doing one externally would not make a difference to how they run the current GSO production.
From what I understand, Survive! anticipate people to order SK more than GSO and so that means less demand and time spent on backlog. I could and usually am wrong.

ETA: Sorry wood I jumped in the same time you replied and probably added more confusion and nothing else :D

No problem Xtian, this actulally makes sense in the vein of future production. Guess I was thinking in terms of current production lead times.

This is awesome news for @SURVIVE! and all the fans/enthusiasts who have supported you.

As a congratulations to you all, and to celebrate this momentous occasion, I just pre-ordered myself a SK-12 :D

Congrats to Guy and SURVIVE! Ellie SURVIVE! Ellie for moving your company to the next level. I (we) look forward to seeing what the future holds for S!K.

This is awesome news for @SURVIVE! and all the fans/enthusiasts who have supported you.

As a congratulations to you all, and to celebrate this momentous occasion, I just pre-ordered myself a SK-12 :D

Congrats to Guy and SURVIVE! Ellie SURVIVE! Ellie for moving your company to the next level. I (we) look forward to seeing what the future holds for S!K.

Excellent! I don't know that I can convince myself that I need another 12 but the 6 was the only model I didn't have on order and now I'll be able to correct that. My 5.1 should be afraid!

Will stainless steel options still be available?
Seems so far the SK series advertised are D3V only

Excellent! I don't know that I can convince myself that I need another 12 but the 6 was the only model I didn't have on order and now I'll be able to correct that. My 5.1 should be afraid!
I've been hoping for a way to get a (GSO)12, either a pre-order or once it was in production. This SK version will definitely make that a reality, much sooner than I anticipated!

I still want to get new spec GSO-5.1 at some point (let me know if your 6 takes it's spot ;)). Maybe that's going to be a possibility once the other preorders are filled and new steel is cut. Or maybe even an SK version?

I'm excited to see how this move has improved production for both S!K lineups (SK and GSO) a year from now. I have no doubt that Millit will be able to produce the blades to the same high standards that S!K has been known for. Hell, most of their Factory 2nds and Ugly Bettys appear flawless, or they are in better condition than some production knives I've seen. As long as they (SK and Millit) are following the same D3V process and using PHT for the heat treatment, I have no concerns in the least.

Perhaps Ellie or Guy could share more specifics about the steel processing and heat treatment differences, if any, we can expect from the SK lineup.

Last edited:

Awesome ! Good excuse to buy a knife lol I like it

Back