The new Swarovski "EL" Binoculars

Hello, I can say one thing. They are great!! Many new features, some that others don't have. I am a Leica fan and they are comparable in almost every way. They definetly beat the leica's though in the weight catagory. This is important for long distance treks particularly with the higher power binocs being always much heavier with the larger front objective lenses. Anyone else look at or try these??? They come with a real custom aluminum carrying case that reminds me of the zero haliburton cases. They are great.

Oh, One of the other draw backs is the price. They are a bit cost prohibative at $1400.00 to $1500.00. If you can afford these, they are excellent in most ways. Better Veiw Desired is a optics grading and reviewing outfit. They said that they were almost their best binos except they did not have the fast focusing feature that they preferred. It has a slow focus that in my opinon is very accurate and stable.. worth looking at.
wink.gif
Later, JC

------------------
Jonathan Chubb

JC,

Haven't tried the new Swarwovski EL's yet. Have heard good things about them, though.

I, like you, have been a Leica fan. My 8x32 Ultra's have served me very, very well over the years.

Another great new binoc is the Zeiss Victory. Handled a pair of their 10x40's a month back and fell in love with them. Great glass, superb ergonomics, light weight. Cost less than the new EL's, too!
smile.gif

AJ

Back