The next group buy: SAR6

Hi Everybody! Don't you want to own a SAR 6 in 3V?
I know that I do, so nine other folks need to commit to buying one
and perhaps we can convince Big Chris to make this the next group buy!

I'd like a sar 4 ...

I have one of the camp/Sar knives. It has a 5"+ blade. I would recommend it for anyone. I use it quite a bit when in the woods. The 3V has been a great worker for me

I know that I'm dreaming again, but in my opinion there are a lot of very good four inch knives available,
but very few six inch knives that have the amazing ergonomic handle of a Big Chris SAR 6.

As far as six inch blades, I use a busse ash-1 that has a 6.5" blade and honestly it can't do anything my camp/Sar can't do.

As far as six inch blades, I use a busse ash-1 that has a 6.5" blade and honestly it can't do anything my camp/Sar can't do.

Big Chris brings the whole package, like few others. I have a bunch of Busses and like Infi, but 3V is plenty tough enough and holds an edge MUCH better than Infi, AND Chris grinds his edges for cutting much better than Busse and nails the HT. There are other really top-notch 3V fixed blades in this size range, but they don't always hit the mark on blade geometry or handles, especially handles. Chris also has handle ergonomics that are best in the business. I like Andy Roy's fiddleback handles too, but you don't get 3V and they usually cost a lot more. That is the other thing - Big Chris blades are a good value, they give you a knife as good as you can get, but at a price that is reasonable and more likely to be in the range of some of us. Customs get some crazy pricing ... :)

Last edited:
I agree with dog runner.

Also, I think if this special group by is successful, maybe keep the momentum with the traditionals and do a kephart run followed by a puukko. Just wishful thinking.

Would be great to see at least one of Chris's clip point designs offered for a group buy.

Fancier. I'm a huge fan of Chris. I just bought a super thin 10v from him a few weeks ago. It's is sweet but o saw were you bought the .156 10v from him and I just wanted to ask you if you ever want to sell it to a good home were it won't ever be abused but also not just be a show knife but a responsible user I would love to own it. Would you give me first dibs on it if you ever sell it. If not I'll wait till he makes some more one day. Thank you for your time and consideration. I don't know what you paid for it but I would be willing to give you more for it as a turn on your investment.

Back