The NEXT SALE

"Is there anyone willing to proxy for me?"

Im also looking for someone to save me a spot if possible for Friday Jan 19th sale of EDC 2 3V.
I live and work in the mountains of Tn. with weak cell service. I'm a contractor and generally don't get home until around 6:00 PM. I would love to have one of these on my side. I can even take some performance pics with EDC while working.

Thanks much.
I can proxy for you if I remember.

I'm going to "sticky" this thread so it will stay here on the top. I'll update this 1st post weekly to let you guys know what we're preparing for the weekly sale and to announce any upcoming pre-orders.

20 3" EDC2 in Delta 3V out on the main sale forum, Friday Jan 19th.

Sales are at 3:00 eastern time.

^ Jo and I hope to see you there.
Glad hear it. I've never purchased from here, how do I go about it?

Thanks

Glad hear it. I've never purchased from here, how do I go about it?

Thanks

The sale will post out on the main fixed blade for sale by maker area at 3:00 eastern time. That's over here: https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/for-sale-fixed-blades.754/

This is the last sale for your reference: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/twenty-3-edc-delta-3v.1541590/

When the sale posts you can order what you'd like by posting it in that sale thread. Sometimes there are more people posting than there are knives available, in that case it is based upon first come first serve. Jo will contact the people with orders to arrange payment and confirm shipping information, usually early the following week after the sale.

The sales can move fairly brisk so it helps to be there when it opens and post without delay. Because of this, it has evolved that people post blindly then edit their post to reflect their order. For this reason I always post the first sale of a new pattern here on our forum so I can post and lock. This gives people a chance to read about the sale without being in a hurry. Those sales unlock at 3:00. But sales like this EDC that are already an established pattern post without lock out on the main forum at 3:00.

The sale will post out on the main fixed blade for sale by maker area at 3:00 eastern time. That's over here: https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/for-sale-fixed-blades.754/

This is the last sale for your reference: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/twenty-3-edc-delta-3v.1541590/

When the sale posts you can order what you'd like by posting it in that sale thread. Sometimes there are more people posting than there are knives available, in that case it is based upon first come first serve. Jo will contact the people with orders to arrange payment and confirm shipping information, usually early the following week after the sale.

The sales can move fairly brisk so it helps to be there when it opens and post without delay. Because of this, it has evolved that people post blindly then edit their post to reflect their order. For this reason I always post the first sale of a new pattern here on our forum so I can post and lock. This gives people a chance to read about the sale without being in a hurry. Those sales unlock at 3:00. But sales like this EDC that are already an established pattern post without lock out on the main forum at 3:00.
Thanks. I hope to figure it out quickly.

Well I readily admit to my lack of computer skills. Where is today sale of EDC2s? I think I’ve checked the knife makers sale section pretty carefully.

Well I readily admit to my lack of computer skills. Where is today sale of EDC2s? I think I’ve checked the knife makers sale section pretty carefully.
It’s next week.

The first post in this thread will tell you when the sales are.

Doh!

I guess I’m an over enthusiastic idiot. I’ve been swamped at work and would have missed it anyway today. Now I’ll try to plan better.

If it makes you feel any better, checking this late wouldn’t have got you a knife anyways. You have about 3 seconds to get a reply in once the post goes live. Maybe 4 with 20 knives. But probably not as many as 6.

Doh!

I guess I’m an over enthusiastic idiot. I’ve been swamped at work and would have missed it anyway today. Now I’ll try to plan better.

If you're going to be stuck at work during that time on a Friday when the sale's thread unlocks, you will have absolutely ZERO chance of getting any CPK pattern which is offered on a Carothers Friday's sale date, because the rules are: first come, first served. Your best bet would be to find someone who is willing to proxy for you, i.e, someone who has done this method at least several times with good record of success. Nathan & Jo do not frown upon proxy purchases because they know that the knife most likely than not will go to end user who will not be paying marked up secondary market prices. And also because Jo will be invoicing the "proxied for" winner, that way there will absolutely be no mark up.

If I were you, I would seriously be considering getting a paid membership and at the very least, would be purchasing a Basic Membership. A $10 annual membership is pittance as compared to the the many intrinsic benefits which it would bring. FWIW, I have no financial interests or affiliation with this Site. Just my 2 Cs.

If I were you, I would seriously be considering getting a paid membership and at the very least, would be purchasing a Basic Membership. A $10 annual membership is pittance as compared to the the many intrinsic benefits which it would bring. FWIW, I have no financial interests or affiliation with this Site. Just my 2 Cs.

Did it after Odog27 motivated me by gifting me a basic membership- NICE!

I upped it to a Gold to be a team player. This is a GREAT place!

Last edited:
Did it after Odog27 motivated me by gifting me a basic membership- NICE!

I upped it to a Gold to be a team player. This is a GREAT place!

This, as in the CPK subform is indeed a GREAT place to hangout, to make cyber friends and more importantly to learn from Nathan about steel, metallurgy and the ideas behind his concepts and the procedures (what he feels comfortable to disclose on a public forum) which make him and the CPK-Team to achieve and arrive at the finalized product. Once you learn how use to use the advanced search feature and have copious time on your hand you may want to look up some WIP threads by Nathan which will give you a wealth of information about his past patterns.

By and large, the entire Site (Blade Forums) is a great place and there are many other subform where you earn about your other favorite makes / makers, read up on discussions & exchanges of opinion, communicate with your BFC friends privately through the private message channel, but /sell/ trade if you are so inclined, learn about tinkering & maintenance, etc... One word of caution though! There are also certain sections of the site that are not open to mere registered users of even the Basic members, but with Gold Membership and above, you may wish to be more careful traversing those areas (some are definitely NOT PG13 sections and extra caution may be required if traversing those terrains!). OK, I've said enough but I do wish you a great time here and I'm certain that you will be landing your first CPK very soon :thumbsup:

^This.
What I have read about the steel, special HT and phenomenal grinds (!) , as well as the fantastic ergonomics, is why I would really like to finally own a CPK (edc - and/or FK 2.0 when the time comes).

20 3" EDC2 in Delta 3V out on the main sale forum, Friday Feb 9th.

Sales are at 3:00 eastern time.

We will try and put a fun Friday sale in there somewhere too.

This will probably be the last of the EDC sales for a while, we're going to go back to some HDFK or perhaps some of the new Medium Chopper prototypes.

Back