The officially unofficial world record CPK count

Just last night I was showing the CPKā€™s that I have to my Wifeā€™s Cousin. I only have an HDFK, an MC, an FK2, and a UF2 ( I am awaiting a Shiv 2.0 ).
You would think by the look in his eyes that I had opened up the DEA armory in the Fed Building downtown. At least thatā€™s how I think I looked when I saw how much ammo that they had stockpiled.
I thought that I was doing pretty well getting 4 out of 5 by way of Friday sales or a preorder placement but those really are rookie numbers compared to some of you guys.
Now I need to go post a WTB thread.

Just last night I was showing the CPKā€™s that I have to my Wifeā€™s Cousin. I only have an HDFK, an MC, an FK2, and a UF2 ( I am awaiting a Shiv 2.0 ).
You would think by the look in his eyes that I had opened up the DEA armory in the Fed Building downtown. At least thatā€™s how I think I looked when I saw how much ammo that they had stockpiled.
I thought that I was doing pretty well getting 4 out of 5 by way of Friday sales or a preorder placement but those really are rookie numbers compared to some of you guys.
Now I need to go post a WTB thread.
You don't really fully appreciate getting ammo issued to you until you retire and have to buy your own. LOL.

Whos pic is this?
View attachment 2519468
Its so beautiful šŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗ

I believe it's the "big guy with the beard" :) ... Photos by PolRoger PolRoger :

69C6862B3E4E1CB2CAF3AC7384E1E6-vi.jpg

DSC01372-vi.jpg

DSC01373-vi.jpg

DSC01379-vi.jpg

DSC01380-vi.jpg

I am always impressed with collections, CPK or otherwise. I think it's easy to overlook the amount of time, patience, and work it takes to collect something that one is passionate about. E, you mentioned in the other thread something about the possibility of discomfort one might have in sharing numbers. Strictly my opinion, of course, but we aren't proper enthusiasts if we aren't celebrating a collector's achievements. It's eye candy and whether one likes it or not, enthusiasm is contagious, especially when it involves fine goods and craftsmanship.

To those of you who decide to share, I thank and appreciate you.

E, you mentioned in the other thread something about the possibility of discomfort one might have in sharing numbers. Strictly my opinion, of course, but we aren't proper enthusiasts if we aren't celebrating a collector's achievements.
I was trying to take into account the fact that some people may, not unreasonably, have security concerns for their assets, beyond their privacy and / or well-being.

We have seen recently on this site the extent to which some folks will go in order to defraud our members.

I have never been hesitant to share the pieces in my own collection, but I don't feel that I have the liberty to ask it of others if they are not comfortable. (Especially as a moderator here, where some decisions are made in an "abundance of caution".)

I was trying to take into account the fact that some people may, not unreasonably, have security concerns for their assets, beyond their privacy and / or well-being.

We have seen recently on this site the extent to which some folks will go in order to defraud our members.

I have never been hesitant to share the pieces in my own collection, but I don't feel that I have the liberty to ask it of others if they are not comfortable. (Especially as a moderator here, where some decisions are made in an "abundance of caution".)

Yeah, that's a good point. I hadn't thought of that.

(Edited: A little early in the day (and week) for me to be waxing philosophical.)

Last edited:
Although Nathan never fails to deliver, I think that an asterisk ought to be used for existing preorders even if already fully paid for because they are not in possession yet. Also cheaters will cheat, for example I may consider preordering 20 x K20s (if permitted by Nathan and seconded by Matt Gregory) just to knock off a couple of these guys already above and over me, although getting anywhere close to the top 2 (still undeclared but we know who they are) will forever be outta my meager reach šŸ¤£

Well, if we're going to play that way...........................

You win. I'm still saving for that addition/new house šŸ¤£ Wanna buy a CPK or two?

You may have said that in somewhat of a jest but with the way that R.E prices have increased post mid 2020, at least some of your CPK if you are willing to let go of, should help you out with the current state of the market.

I have lost count of how many CPKs I have let go of throughout these past years (slowed down to almost a halt the CPK horse trading practice past 2021ish) but I would not be shocked if in the same kind of numbers which I currently possess. I rarely regretted letting go of most as they went to good homes but there are a couple or maybe 3 which I do regret letting go of, of which I may get one back at some future date.

You are young, sharp and fast. Whatever you decide to sell, you will eventually most likely replace at least in terms of numbers :)

I knew a guy from the Busse forum that had a sizable collection of Bussekin. He would never post pics or discuss his collection; he said it on the advice of his insurance agent. OTOH, he was a researcher with the Air Force on space lasers and satellites, so maybe that's just how spooks roll.

I think that I have 5 CPK.

This thread is awesome. I havenā€™t counted mine but there is no way Iā€™m near the top. Itā€™s like I just went to a therapist, itā€™s so nice to know that there are so many people with a bigger CPK problem than I have!

Back