The original Ganga Ram khukuri?

Uncle, I read in the Khukuri FAQ somewhere that the Ganga Ram design originated from the kami who offered to make you a magic khukuri that would never need sharpening. That knife has a great story attached to it. I am curious as to what happened to that original Ganga Ram khukuri.

Andrew Limsk

Ganga Ram himself made the first five or six models but he was too old for regular work at BirGorkha. I think Berk got the number one Ganga Ram and if I know Berk he has a picture and will probably post it.

I remember those times. When Bill first mentioned the old kami I tried to get that knife. This was even before the magic stories hit the forum. I've wondered what happened to that first "magic" knife that was built to show the young American whippersnapper what a real knife was also.

Fate later sent one of the old master's knives to me. Here's a picture.

GangaRamKhuk3.jpg

I think Berk got the number one Ganga Ram and if I know Berk he has a picture and will probably post it.
Yep!
:)

Attachments

• ganga ram.jpg
    ganga ram.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 180
Nobody makes the Ganga Ram Special quite like old Ganga made it. I wish he wasn't 80 years old but I've found that just wishing doesn't get rid of a single day.

Thanks for usual and predictable good help, Berk.

Thanks Uncle Bill, Howard, and Berk.

Those knives and that story are very special indeed. While the design may live on in the work of others, those made by Ganga Ram are like artifacts like James Bowie's bowie.

Andrew Limsk

Back