• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

The Outback Bowie knives

kyle007

BANNED
In an earlier review, I said that this knife was great... Not anymore. After light chopping (a couple sticks and some brush) the blade is loose, and the brass guard is banging against the blade. There is a loud rattling noise whenever I use it now. The knife looks great, and so does the sheath. Eventually the blade chips, and the sheath starts to wear down.
w.png

Hello, just wanted to tell you that The Outback Bowie knives have a Lifetime Warranty. It was reported that there were a batch of their Outback Bowie knives (made by Down Under Knives) that had some flaws and somehow had escaped through their QC and were sold. I had one as well that had issues where the blade, no matter how hard I tried or what I used, it just would not sharpen to the way it was when I bought it and would not sharpen to its guarantee. Still, I hung on to the knife because after 6 months I thought there was nothing I could get done about it. Then after a year (just recently actually) I just decided to contact World Knives and tell them about my problem with it and see what they could do for me, if anything. I really didn't expect them to do anything or to even help since I didn't buy it through them. But they jumped right on it for me, contacted Down Under Knives, and then Down Under contacted one of their North American stores. Before I knew it, I was contacted by World Knives and they told me that Down Under wanted to send me a brand new replacement knife through one of their stores, and to email them with the store's supplied email address and give them my full name and mailing address. All this happened very fast and within days, that store rushed me out a brand new Outback Bowie knife and they did it without me having to even send the faulty one back first. I received the new knife a few days later, and man, that blade is awesome and gets exceptionally sharp. It gets sharp enough to shave and stays sharp. I have also chopped things and batoned wood, and my new one handles those chores like a pro! I urge you to do the same and contact Down Under Knives. They will make arrangements to send you out a brand new replacement knife. I had never had such a wonderful buying and return experience as I had with Down Under Knives. they are definitely Number One in my book. I had a similar issue with SOG Knives and one of their knives' blades failing me. Instead of going out of their way and sending me out a brand new replacement knife like they are supposed to do, they were a bit rude and said they needed me to pay and send them the knife in question first. Then they would have to spend weeks or even months testing out the blade. Then after that, if the blade failed or they found an issue with it, they would have to send their findings to their CEO or Corporate Office. Then I would have to wait longer, after all that other waiting, for them to make a decision on whether to replace the knife with a new one or not. I did not like the way they handled my issue at all, so I took the knife myself to a friend and had it re-heat tempered. Now it is stronger and badder than ever. Praise God that there are still awesome companies like Down Under Knives who replace defective knives with brand new ones and with no questions asked! Anyway, just thought I'd write to you and share my positive experience with them with you.
w.png

Back