The Porcine Connection

Haldir00

Gold Member
Hope all are enjoying the holidays!

Having recently acquired an interest in Busse knives, I've spent quite a bit of time here over the past few months watching, learning, and buying. Since September I've somehow accumulated a baker's dozen across the BKG spectrum...this has been a good thing for the delivery services and sheath makers of the world, but has been much to the fiduciary chagrin of my spouse/accountant. Of late, her interpretation of 'bringing home the bacon' has conflicted quite significantly with mine.

With that in mind, I'm hoping someone can shed light on the references to hogs/bacon/pork, etc. The theme is clear...my question regards the origin of that theme. Was the hog chosen for a particular reason (e.g. a connection to the family name, a coat of arms, or some such thing), something connoting the wildness/toughness/scrapiness of the product, or was it simply a random mascot or comment that over time has grown into the fabric of the brand?

I had that same question several years ago. You can read the thread here: How did Busse enthusiasts become "hogs"?

Here's one answer:

I'm not sure of the date, but I do remember Skunk fussing about missing out on some good deals in the exchange. He basically said he wanted us to quit hogging all the good deals. :D The rest, as they say, is history. It took off from there. The thread where Jerry put the idea of an official Hogs club up for vote is still here somewhere, someone with a little more time on their hands oughta be able to bring it up.

And some additional information:

Skunk called me an INFI Hog...and it stuck.

Although I wasn't the 1st to collect Busse's, I was the 1st to be called an "INFI HOG"
I am your HOG Father.....and it's about time all you little Hogs did something nice for Father.
Send me a picture of your collection and I'll pick out one knife, you then should send your "Hog Father" said knife as dues....
Send the pictures here...macaw1us@yahoo.com while chanting..
"All hail the Original INFI HOG Father"

Basically, a long time ago IdahoSkunk said 1WhoBuys was an INFI hog, and it grew from there.

Last edited:
Good, thanks. I did a search, but apparently I didn’t use the right words to get where I wanted to go. Always interested in how basic events transition to myth and legend.

Back