The Rarest Of The Rare

Yeah, you can't just say you have a couple of rare Cut. Co's and not tell us about them, that's torture!! :eek::D

Eric

Last edited:
Oh yes, rare old Cuts are held in high esteem around these parts. :thumbup:

Interesting. I have a couple of very rare Schrade Cuts I would like to discuss with this LT. Is he still around?

If you would like to email me pics or scans, I am happy to post them, Oldknife007!

Have any of you ever seen Schrade knives marked OVB ????

I've got one hiding from me somewhere, but its not as pretty as those... :p

anybody know if these escape knives are actually marked schrade? :confused:
I ran across one, but it's not stamped or marked anywhere...

ZHhnc.jpg

I have one Schrade Walden small pen with an OVB etch. I've not seen any with OVB engraved shields.

gents_1.jpg

A guy around here might want to hold up the stagecoach for that knife case A.G. :D

I recently aquired a modified SSC114 3/4 S "Fisherman's Pride". Someone has ground off a few teeth at the peak of the blade making the blade more narrow. My example also has a soldered-on thumb-tab that matches the bolsters and a bail.

The bone is outstanding. I don't know if the thumb-tab is factory or not but the double-thick liner that it is attached to differs from some other Fisherman's Pride examples that have two liners of equal thickness. Any comments regarding the tab would be helpful.

Knife snaps like a bear-trap, has no wobble whether open or closed and the blade sits near dead-centre when closed as well. My biggest Cut Co by far. First listed in the 1936 supplement.

QCQcvD0.jpg

EBCqu2H.png

zww6hhW.png

lrzjFMK.png

2nXOg7A.png

CbqtUo4.png

2FgPRwo.png

uCv2Uwz.jpg

11iECUy.jpg

K9XMSIc.jpg

41DB3Em.jpg

I have never seen any like these before. Can you post an image of them in the closed position please?

These are the gaff knives that LT was talking about in the first post in this thread. The one in the center is what the production version looked like. These are Ulsters except for the one on the left that is a Schrade and that one came from the estate sale of a former Schrade employee. I think it's a prototype but there's really no way to confirm that. The one on the right is another production Ulster that's been re-handled by Herman Williams.
TXslrfz.jpg

These are the gaff knives that LT was talking about in the first post in this thread. The one in the center is what the production version looked like. These are Ulsters except for the one on the left that is a Schrade and that one came from the estate sale of a former Schrade employee. I think it's a prototype but there's really no way to confirm that. The one on the right is another production Ulster that's been re-handled by Herman Williams.
TXslrfz.jpg
...and they are used for??

...and they are used for??

These are fishing knives. The gaff hook is for grabbing the fish and hauling it into the boat after you reeled it in. There were some issues working against the knife that caused it to fail as a new product, details of which are in the very first post in this thread. It's a cool knife with a cool backstory. I'm not sure how many of these knives are out there, but it's a pretty small number.

Thanks for posting them. They appear to be more suitable for belt loop wear rather than in pocket.

Back