The (Real) Rumor Mill

For a while, there was talk of a Li'l Temperance 2 and I've even seen pictures of it, but maybe that project is on the back burner.

There was also talk of a Carpenter steel folder where the entire knife (blade, handle, everything) was to be made of Carpenter steel. But I think I remember reading that this one was made just for Carpenter employees only.

For a while, there was talk of a Li'l Temperance 2 and I've even seen pictures of it, but maybe that project is on the back burner.

There was also talk of a Carpenter steel folder where the entire knife (blade, handle, everything) was to be made of Carpenter steel. But I think I remember reading that this one was made just for Carpenter employees only.

There will be one with a certain handle material (bio blue?) for Carpenter employees only but also another with standard steel handles for anyone to buy.

Guys, a casual bombshell by Sal on USN forums:

"We'll be doing the whole family in Super Blue; Endura, Stretch, Delica, Dragonfly, Manbug and ladybug. Probably will add one every two months. Dark Blue FRN. FFG."

sal

Noone saw this? It seems like a lock, the most difinitive of all superblue talk. I can shut up now about the subject finally. Cough blue G10 on the Stretch cough.

Guys, a casual bombshell by Sal on USN forums:

"We'll be doing the whole family in Super Blue; Endura, Stretch, Delica, Dragonfly, Manbug and ladybug. Probably will add one every two months. Dark Blue FRN. FFG."

sal

Noone saw this? It seems like a lock, the most difinitive of all superblue talk. I can shut up now about the subject finally. Cough blue G10 on the Stretch cough.

I agree, g10 on the stretch. Actually, g10 on all of them would be sweet. What a way to bring back the g10 delica and endura. And I think an unlined g10 ladybug would be a really cool keychain knife, although I'm not sure I'd want super blue on my keychain seeing as it's a high-ish maintenance carbon steel and my keys along with the tools on them don't exactly get babied.

sal

Wow! I didn't see this message - although there has been a lot of Super Blue talk lately. I can't wait for the Stretch and DFly2 in SB.

TedP

There will be one with a certain handle material (bio blue?) for Carpenter employees only but also another with standard steel handles for anyone to buy.

I thought I heard somewhere on the Spyderco forum that they may do the "Foundry" (Carpenter model new name) with g10 handles with the Carpenter logo milled out in the handle. I'd much rather have g10 on this one, but a little bit of Ti never hurt no one :p

I thought I heard somewhere on the Spyderco forum that they may do the "Foundry" (Carpenter model new name) with g10 handles with the Carpenter logo milled out in the handle. I'd much rather have g10 on this one, but a little bit of Ti never hurt no one :p

I did some research, and it seems the artificial hip joint that was I had installed a few years ago was built with BioBlue on the load-bearing surfaces (e.g., the ball joint). BioBlue is extremely hard and scratch resistant (which is what you want inside a joint!) The implant also has titanium components where it seats into the bone. Awesome stuff!

But given that BioBlue was developed for medical uses - I bet it would cause the cost of a commercially-available Carpenter to go through the roof!

TedP

metalonmetal-hip.jpg

If there's a redesigned D'Allara DP what would it be? A longer blade?

One of the most slept on folders.

I need a Tommiehawkie from Sal Co.

I did some research, and it seems the artificial hip joint that was I had installed a few years ago was built with BioBlue on the load-bearing surfaces (e.g., the ball joint). BioBlue is extremely hard and scratch resistant (which is what you want inside a joint!) The implant also has titanium components where it seats into the bone. Awesome stuff!

But given that BioBlue was developed for medical uses - I bet it would cause the cost of a commercially-available Carpenter to go through the roof!

TedP

metalonmetal-hip.jpg

Ted,

Can you feed more on this BioBlue? I'm in the medical device industry and this is interesting.
Thanks
Jay

Ok folks, let's try this again. This is a thread for ACTUAL rumors, not your dream knife. Here's a list of what I've found over in the Spyderco forum thread "Sal's Casual Bombshell." Please, let's keep this thread accurate.

Gayle Bradley 2
Military 2 with stop lock
Slip joint Chaparral, I think in FRN
A large version of the Dragonfly
A large version of the Kiwi
Lava Sprint with blue G10
Native 5 in FRN
Native Chief

A small neck knife
Swick 3
"Bodacious," a design targeted for the rodeo market
C22 Michael Walker Sprint
Super Blue Stretch
Super Blue Endura
Super Blue Dragonfly
Redesigned D'allara drop point
Jot Singh Khalsa Sprint in G10
Salsa Sprint, possibly without the cobra hood
Karambit, new inhouse design

Sweet mother of Ghandi! Yes please!

Oh yeah, a folding mini cleaver. I've tried looking this one up again but can't find any info on it so I might be making it up! Anyone else heard of this?

Hm, I think I know of what you are discussing about. A very popular custom maker in Oregon who has a subforum on the green forum has had a thread and poll going around for about a year regarding a production version of one of his more popular models. And the most popular design is a folding cleaver design. I'm just going to leave it at that because I don't know much else about it ;)

Looking forward to Gayle Bradley 2.I just hope they keep everything the same except the blade steel.Let it be stonewashed M390.:)

Looking forward to Gayle Bradley 2.I just hope they keep everything the same except the blade steel.Let it be stonewashed M390.:)

Have you heard about that anywhere? The one constant I would bet would be M4. I think Gayle Bradley really likes M4, how else do you explain the Air with M4? Gayle Bradley comes from Blade Sports, and M4 is one of the kings.

Awe yeah, M4 is Gayle's steel of choice. In cutting competitions, and in his blades. I'm a fan of the steel and his work.

[video=youtube;Qk0IxU-fuW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk0IxU-fuW4[/video]

Back