The REK Sparrow front flipper thread

Mail call... And a really cool one at that!

This is the new REK Sparrow Mid-tech! It's an incredibly sweet knife that comes about as close as a mid-tech can get to the custom version of the Sparrow (as far as build quality goes), with some nice twists. The mid-tech version runs on Skiff, ceramic bearings. This changes the feel of the knife a bit (the custom runs on washers), and gives it a drop-shut action. The mid-tech also features a detent nub that gives it a very crisp opening, and a nice authoritative "click" when closing. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

qL1kHbY.jpg

4SdIPIk.jpg

rROwDnX.jpg

ynuPfGm.jpg

xzrgfh5.jpg

The blade is perfect. Look at that sexy grind! Every bit as good as we've come to expect from Josh. The fiber laser already looks to be earning it's keep too. The maker's mark looks fantastic. :)

x5DdDY3.jpg

The new locking pivot is an excellent addition, and looks super cool!

IYWDRyD.jpg

The milling is excellent! Whoever is doing the work on the scale pattern knows what they're doing!

TKuxobk.jpg

The pocket clip isn't quite as fancy as the version on the custom, but it is EVERY bit as functional. :D

fYg3MPF.jpg

Josh was also kind enough to include a rad, custom bead out of some of the stabilized redwood and Micarta I sent him (along with some black and white G10) too!

VahCYKk.jpg

I will absolutely own one of these someday! I'd spent too much on a recent Shirogorov purchase, and just needed to catch my breath and skipped this batch. But now I'm having FOMO for not getting one. I can't believe they sold out in around 30 minutes or so, which was good for me, in case I'd had second thoughts!

Back