The SR-11 M390 thread

I absolutely LOVE my new SR-11. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with Sleipner, but I would buy a true stainless version in a heart beat. M390 is already being used by LionSteel and would be the most logical choice.

Can we PLEASE make this happen?????

Or Elmax like the lionspy and Lil lionspy? I'm a huge fan of tool steels but I can see the benefit of a stainless option.

I definitely prefer M390 over Sleipner in an EDC folder. It requires no maintenance in close proximity to sea, sand, sweat, etc.

While at it I would skeletonize the titanium for some weight savings.

Perhaps these could be done if the SR-21 (kind of like SR-2 is to SR-1) is in the plans.

Perhaps these could be done if the SR-21 (kind of like SR-2 is to SR-1) is in the plans.

Skeletonizing an integral knife sounds pretty tricky, has it been done yet?

I don't think so but don't know for sure. It's tough getting in there but if you look closely the finish on the inside of the LionSteel integral is excellent.

Isn't the Lionsteel Ti-Dust exactly that? Although technically it wasn't "skeletonized" as I believe the frame was somehow sintered. Either way what a gorgeous knife.

Isn't the Lionsteel Ti-Dust exactly that? Although technically it wasn't "skeletonized" as I believe the frame was somehow sintered. Either way what a gorgeous knife.

TiDust is manufactured through an additive process where the whole thing is created through powdered titanium like 3D printing. A very unique one-of-a-kind and expensive knife.

Peter Rassenti made an open-back integral so I suppose it's possible

Or Elmax like the lionspy and Lil lionspy? I'm a huge fan of tool steels but I can see the benefit of a stainless option.

Elmax would be perfectly acceptable. I'm also a fan of tool steel, but I live at the beach.

I actually don't mind the weight of the knife. I would be happy to keep it as is just with Elmax/M390. I do understand how it would make it a better choice for some of it was a bit lighter.

I actually don't mind the weight of the knife. I would be happy to keep it as is just with Elmax/M390. I do understand how it would make it a better choice for some of it was a bit lighter.

Do you have the aluminum or titanium?

There's a big weight difference. My titanium one weighs 6.74 ounces but the aluminum one weighs just 5.15 ounces.

Back