The Stacked Leather Project

You guys wanted more WIP pics, here ya go...
View attachment 2053485
Dig the doo! Its Friday evening:

xy6H9Bh.jpg

The stack of leather I'm working on:

K4TpV3Q.jpg

Looks like an old grizzled man from the mountains bringing his gold down from the mine, getting a cold one in the saloon, and getting supplies before he wanders back up the trail!! There’s a Western tale for you. That’ll learn ya!!

So in the Gaucho thread I related the story of the German guy in Paraguay trying to order a specific color of wildrag, the scarves cowboys wear, from my wife Nichole. Cup of coffee to the first guy that can guess what color we called the one I’m wearing above. No pressure our daughter got it on her first guess.

So in the Gaucho thread I related the story of the German guy in Paraguay trying to order a specific color of wildrag, the scarves cowboys wear, from my wife Nichole. Cup of coffee to the first guy that can guess what color we called the one I’m wearing above. No pressure our daughter got it on her first guess.
Chartreuse?

Nice one John, I was gonna go with Northern Lights.
Yes sir, next time your driving trough Tehachapi stop by for a cup of coffee! Northern Lights it Is. Although:

Aurora Borealis?
Is not wrong. Aurora Borealis is what I said when Nichole first pulled it out of a stack of silk. We thought we'd simplify it to Northern Lights. Nichole shopping for silk in one of our suppliers stores in the LA Garment District:

92sxOBW.jpg

The ones standing to the right vertically are ones that have made the first cut.

Last edited:
Them's fighting words pilgrim!
5_26_John-Wayne-and-his-cowboys-1200x903.jpg

But you may have a point 😆 I always heard he had a tough time getting jobs after he killed John Wayne in The Cowboys.
ff5a848840275b6bc6930fcd769505717fe84921.jpeg
Yeah, killing John Wayne was rarely popular.

Back