The story of the three bears, I mean khukris

12" Sirupati, nice but too small, now in the possesion of Senior Airman "Woody"
20" Sirupati, incredible knife, but just a hair too incredible, now in the possession of Airman First Class "Ski"
British Army Service, juuuuuuust right! Currently in possession of "Sarge", where it will stay ad infinitum!

All three excellent knives, all three headed for Afghanistan sometime week after next. Moral of the story, no one should buy just one HI Khukuri. Those were my first three cases of HIKV, but I've got a sneaking hunch the condition will become chronic. Christmas time's a coming, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh...............

Sarge

and come back.

Thanks for your work on all our behalf, Sarge. The days of forgotten soldiers are over.

munk

Rusty: E-mail checked, and once more I am humbled by the generosity and patriotism of the HI Khukuri family. Here's a current "equipment status" of khukris in, or headed to Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan (please take no offense if I don't use the real names of my guys, we haven't got where we're going yet if you know what I mean):

-18" Kumar Kobra, donated by ServTech, shipped to "Wheels"
-18" Sirupati, purchased by "Josh"
-20" Sirupati, donated by Berkley, issued to "Dell"
-14" Villager, donated by Berkley, will be issued to "Country Boy" if he can pry it out of my hands (Uncle , if you get some more, save one for me)
-20" Kobra, donated by Pappy, issued to "Gee"
-18" Sirupati, donated by Pappy, issued to "Bull"
-20" Sirupati, donated by yours truly, issued to "Ski" *
-12" Sirupati, donated by yours truly, issued to "Woody" *
*just following the example you guys set
-British Army Service, donated by Rusty, enroute to "Mac"
-Three excellent Kagas Katnes, "Josh" has one, I have two, but that probably won't last long ;-), along with some incredible discounts, complements of Uncle Bill
-British Army Service, mine, honed, oiled and ready to go

Eleven HI Khukuris and one Villager, all present or accounted for.
Coming soon to a <combat> theatre not so near you.

Sarge

That's nice to see.

Sarge, even tho most of the above mentioned khukuris have already been tested in the field tell your men to give their khukuris another good round of testing just to make sure. Anything that you might have to count on to save your life in a combat situation deserves heavy testing. Would anybody take a gun into combat without firing a few rounds thru it? Few means a few thousand rounds.

Will do Uncle Bill,
Monday we start lining up for shots, malaria pills, updated wills and stuff, so everybody will be present (including one young newlywed).
I'll talk to my C/O about setting aside some time to work with the guys
I share your concern with testing the khukris, but I also have another reason for wanting the guys to do as much chopping as they have time for. Over the years I've seen the mayhem that can result from large edged tools, like axes/machetes, being improperly used. My philosophy is; if you teach 'em the right way to do things while you're there to help 'em, they'll do okay for themselves when you're not.

Sarge

I hope I get to see a bunch of these guys when they come back. It'll be my turn to do some cheering,:D

y'all are straight-up good fellas.

Very respectable.

Thank you for a great example.

When I reported in off of leave this morning, I was greeted with; "Sarge, the Air Force has lifted stop loss, you can retire now". I gave 'em my most intimidating look and said "are you gonna make me?".
That was end of conversation. I've given the Air Force twenty three years, now I'm on "my time", and I consider the opportunity to go nothing short of a privilege. I'm sure there's plenty of you guys out there who feel the same, and wish you could go too. I'll make sure and kick some tail for you.

Sarge

Sounds like my dad he served '60-'63 in Germany, and he's hopping ready to go to Afg. and get his freak on. He and hsi old AF buddies are hopping mad, and they feel a bit disowned by their country. His point is "How does being an older vet impair you from pulling a trigger?

He's got a point, since he's been gun&bowhunting for that past 40 years, his skills are sharper than ever.

Maybe I'll draw him some 'special' targets for his next outing with his choice of projectile weapons...

If he was called up, he'd go yesterday to go sort things out first hand.

Keith
En Ferro Veritas

Send us some pics of the whole crew in the field... Good wishes to all!

Back