The Sunday Picture Show... (10-13-2019) . . . (OLD Show Look at the DATE...)

110 Pro, S30V, love this knife

Buck110Pro%2B-%2BCraftsmanSaw.jpg

I ignored a lot of the fancy inlayed 112's for years..mainly because of cost. For the $300.00 to $600.00 cost a typical Prater or Yellowhorse or similar 112 cost with very careful bidding and/or patience I could add 4 or even more odd and rare 112's to my collection. But now,with over 75 that are display worthy, I am starting to appreciate fancy inlays and filework..and the tremendous amounts of skill and time and plain work it takes to create them. At a BCCI get together at SMKW about 6 years ago I asked Mr. Prater what was the hardest part of making his beautiful knives for Buck. He told me "Buck will send me 100 knives and they expect me to send 100 back!" I told him I would be so stressed out about making a mistake I could never complete 1 without my hands slipping. I'm planning to add a few with stone handles because of the beauty and rarity of that material.

Yes, we all too often fail to appreciate the genius and the fine motor skills of these artists.

They are pretty amazing.

Kossetx,
One of my favorite knives also. I've got 11 of them. I wrote an article about the Mini-Mentor for the BCCI newsletter a couple of years ago. Also displayed them at the Blade Show two years ago.
Fisherman, the 475 is my favorite. In which newsletter did you publish your article, I would like to read it. Thank you

haebbie

Fisherman, the 475 is my favorite. In which newsletter did you publish your article, I would like to read it. Thank you

haebbie
Not sure if you got a response or not, but there is an article about the Mentor/Mini-mentor in the March 2014 BCCI newsletter.

Back