The Sunday Picture Show... (10-20-2019) . . . (OLD Show Look at the DATE...)

I knew I had a knife in my collection with that same etch that Armand showed earlier. Took a while to find it but here is a 422 with the same running deer etch. Armand's 124 can be found on the 1986 special projects list and there is a 424 listed in 1985. Being on the special projects list tells us that the etch was factory. There was no indication of who they were done for. /Roger

422.Running.Deer.092417  (1).JPG 422.Running.Deer.092417  (2).JPG

Got my venison stew going and dropped an EDC in my pocket for a stay-at-home day. OH
Ps 2TONYB - are you making a deer blind or a waterfowl blind?
Venison-ham-1-1-2-lbs.jpg

Venison-browning.jpg

Buck-303-Cadet-Camillus-1980.jpg
that looks good Sir, whens supper served?:)

JB, Four hours in the crockpot, so anytime after 3:00 pm - but most likely 6:00 pm (I like Buck 100 and 300 series knives - so that tells you I’m a traditionalist!). Come on by, its a big recipe (usually freeze half). OH
wish I was closer..........I'd be tempted to be rude and invite myself.:)

So here is an old 2 line 124 I picked up to send to Leroy to refurbish. As you can see the home custom work leaves a lot to be desired. However, when it got to me and I had it in hand, I changed my mind. It fits my hand like a glove and it's so ugly it's cute ;).

Happy SPS to one and all, hope your day is special and Blessed. Thank you Armand for doing these shows each week and a tip of the hat to all who post photos for everyone to enjoy.

John, great to have you posting again. That is a pretty cool looking knife for sure.
Thanks for sharing

I knew I had a knife in my collection with that same etch that Armand showed earlier. Took a while to find it but here is a 422 with the same running deer etch. Armand's 124 can be found on the 1986 special projects list and there is a 424 listed in 1985. Being on the special projects list tells us that the etch was factory. There was no indication of who they were done for. /Roger

View attachment 1216503 View attachment 1216504

Is that the one you were going to send to me last year. LOL

Thank you ITE, and all who post in the SPS.

I have been away the past few weeks and have not been able to participate but I did view on my phone when I could. I was helping a friend with a litter of nine lab puppies, then went to elk camp. I'l be gone this next week also. I will and did take Buck knives.

Here's my oldest and dearest 124. When I got she was painted entirely black, I wasn't quite sure what I had until I stripped off the paint and sent it to Leroy and had him fix it up. You see in order to get the paint to stick the PO had to sand/rough up the surface. Here are a few photos of the finished knife and a few at the start of the process.
DSC_0167.JPG

IMG_0261%20-%20Copy.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0267.JPG

DSC_0169.JPG

Pres, that's making a silk purse from a sows ear.

This isn't a large and traditional 124—it's a small and current design, the 538.

Bert

View attachment 1216448

Bert, although I have many " favorite" knives, those are at the top of the list. Mine is the S30V version.

Great show folks, pete

Archery season ended last weekend and Muzzleloader started this wknd.
Not a big fan of coated blades (mostly just because when they wear and look rough easily) but there is something about the brown cerakote that I like, it reminds me of the brown finish on some of the old guns.
Buck 535 (1).jpg Buck 535 (3).jpg Buck 535 (2).jpg

Got my venison stew going and dropped an EDC in my pocket for a stay-at-home day. OH
Ps 2TONYB - are you making a deer blind or a waterfowl blind?
Venison-ham-1-1-2-lbs.jpg

Venison-browning.jpg

Buck-303-Cadet-Camillus-1980.jpg
Deer blind for archery. It's on the edge of a cornfield bordering a small wood lot. On the other side of the wood lot is a wetland that the deer enjoy. The wood lot is in the background (my son last year).

Last edited:
Back