The Sunday Picture Show (February 18th, 2024)

905 Teddy Roosevelt Boone & Crockett Bowie. Ironwood handle, with B&C Medallion. Run of 250 and found in the 2010 Catalog. Roosevelt helped found the Boone & Crockett club in 1887. The second knife is the model 908. Originally a Harley Davidson knife with etch, this one would be from the overruns without etch. The blade is based on the 184 BuckMaster. I can't recall the year and too lazy to go look in my notes.
Bowies 002.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad it wasn't the cow that got parachuted eeksmall.jpg I sure miss the good old days when you could fly a cow around and drop milk form the sky 😃

Been in Tennesse for three weeks. Recycled pic of impala jigged buffalo 303. Mostly just wanted to say hi.
Hi wave.gif
And Happy SPS :)
buffalo303 8.JPG

Of all Buck's big bowies that bottom one is my favorite. Have only seen a few without the Harley etch, guess they where overruns that were sold off.
The 909 Mountain Bowie was for sale in the 1991, 1992, and 1993 Buck Catalogs with no Tattoo's Preston. Don't know how many were made each year, so not just overruns to be had Sir.

I do like the 909 & 919 shape
Non-Tattooed 909 with 903

Tattooed
909s & friends

tattooed

... I sure miss the good old days when you could fly a cow around and drop milk form the sky 😃 ...
View attachment 2500719
I miss the good ol' days too, Mike!
As you may remember, those days came to a close after a WKRP radio advertising stunt. Dropping farm raised turkeys from a helicopter on Cincinnati, OH. turned out to be a bad idea. The FAA had to step in!

As reported by Les Nessman...

" title="WKRP Turkey Drop - As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I miss the good ol' days too, Mike!
As you may remember, those days came to a close after a WKRP radio advertising stunt. Dropping farm raised turkeys from a helicopter on Cincinnati, OH. turned out to be a bad idea. The FAA had to step in!

As reported by Les Nessman...

" title="WKRP Turkey Drop - As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
One of my favorite scenes fron one of my favorite shows 😂

The 909 Mountain Bowie was for sale in the 1991, 1992, and 1993 Buck Catalogs with no Tattoo's Preston. Don't know how many were made each year, so not just overruns to be had Sir.
Thanks for the reply John. The blade that I'm referring to is the 908, in your photo of the six bowies it is the one on the left. It is the one used for the 85th Anniversary of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Edit to correct, the 908 used on the 50th. Thanks jb4570 jb4570 and DeSotoSky DeSotoSky . Maybe you, or someone, could post a photo of the two(907 & 908) side by side for hose of us that don't have the two to hold and look at on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Lg4YXfI.jpg

MthE5jy.jpg

K9aj15f.jpg

xEWzl7K.jpg

F4WDFSf.jpg

Thanks for the reply John. The blade that I'm referring to is the 908, in your photo of the six bowies it is the one on the left. It is the one used for the 85th Anniversary of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Edit to correct, the 908 used on the 50th. Thanks jb4570 jb4570 and DeSotoSky DeSotoSky . Maybe you, or someone, could post a photo of the two(907 & 908) side by side for hose of us that don't have the two to hold and look at on a regular basis.
Sorry Preston, I should have opened the link to see the knives you were referring too. I don't have a family photo of the 85th & 50th side by side, and you are correct that you don't see many 907s or 908s with non-etched blades.

The 85th with the Claymore style blade is a big Bowie (as big as the 903 & 909).

The 50th is the same blade as the 184 without the toothy smile and has a blade etch. I found this blade on floating in the bay and Leroy put the handle on it.

Back