The Sunday Picture Show (January 17, 2021)

DeSotoSky

Gold Member
000 501 Sunday Picture Show 1024X label.jpg
Hello and welcome to the Sunday Picture Show. Share your Buck knives with others by posting pictures of them here. New or old, plain or custom, user or safe queen, one or a collection, we love to see them all. Post all the pictures you want, but save some for next weeks show. If you do not have a new knife to share it is OK to repost an old picture as the show always has new visitors. You could also display your creativity with new pictures of knives you have shown before. This weekly tradition was started in 2010 by ItsTooEarly (Armand Hernandez) and Oregon (Steve Dunn). Help keep the tradition alive. Feel free to click that 'LIKE' but lets not let it replace discussing and complimenting each others knives. Above all, enjoy the show. DeSotoSky (Roger Yost)

This week I have a CrossLock Hunter with Gold TiN BuckCote. This knife was in the 1997 and 1998 catalog. In the 1999 catalog it was offered in the Champagne color. The CrossLock was introduced in 1994 and first cataloged in 1995. The CrossLock was voted Knife of the Year at the 1995 Blade Show, a big honor for Buck. Two things to notice. First is that the blade is sharpened from one side only, this way the TiN suported the actual cutting edge allowing the knife to stay sharp longer. Secondly, look closely at the liner lock in the 3rd picture. It has the date code for 1994. This part was not changed so multiple years have the 1994 date code. The model number was also on the liner lock and not the blade.

180.Gold.BuckCote.122413  (1).JPG 180.Gold.BuckCote.122413  (2).JPG 180.Gold.BuckCote.122413  (3).JPG 180.Gold.BuckCote.122413  (4).JPG 180.Gold.BuckCote.122413  (5).JPG

Last edited:
Happy SPS,
OiPZm0d.jpg

Thank you Roger for another SPS, also to all who post and comment in the thread for making it what it is.
I don't have any Crosslocks, but, I do have this 1996 450 with Buckcoat. It's 631/750 of a somewhat limited edition...
From the Febuary, 1997 newsletter, "450 TIN - Produced for Sportsman's Guide, phone 612-451-3030. A model #450 Protege with a serrated gold Titanium Nitrate finished blade, standard rubberized handle; packaged in a standard box with a standard Cordura sheath. Serialized 002/750."
1MtzAT9.jpg

I will have to get out my crosslocks and get a picture posted later today.
I have a couple of the 122 stamped nemo's with the plastic nemo sheaths as well as a few extra sheaths I have picked up over the years.

These 2 are NIB.
ovOxlWU.jpg

ypAHmQE.jpg

2M4r2Dp.jpg

One box has almost a cloth type pattern while the other is more paper like. Both marked 122 Nemo.
4RBu8Ry.jpg

A 2 Liner ("BUCK USA") stamped nemo with white teflon spacers and nemo sheath. Again NIB. The 2 liner is earlier than the 122 stamped nemo and also has the grainy type box so I am guessing the
cardboard type boxes without the grain pattern is the earliest version of box.
Gem9cnb.jpg

d8wr3rD.jpg

Y9WkSBM.jpg

7xOTSrM.jpg

Like I said. I have a few extra sheaths.
iLVWJLX.jpg

Last edited:
We are off to a good start today. Wow Makael, great collection of CrossLocks. You've got me beat with the Damascus, one of the few I don't have. There has been one for sale on eBay forever but always find something I want more for the asking price. There were only a few made. I always got a kick out of the name for the one with the combination gut hook and saw.... PBS.... Portable Butcher Shop.

Beautiful show guys, but alas I have no CrossLocks in the stable. The most modern Buck I have is probably this 279 Alpha Hunter, which I did not want to like at first due to the weight and the relatively thin liner lock, but as my wife will attest, I am often wrong. I like it very much after a few weeks of use.
0JITwLf.jpg

Back