The Survive! Wish List - reasonable

Sorry if this is a repost but per the last thread, I want to believe, found here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...to-believe-Survive!-Speculations!-Get-it-here!, I wanted to post something to add to Guy's ever growing idea/wish list. I'd also love to see positive, negative (as long as you don't call me an idiot!) and or other feedback on the suggestions.

These are a few things I'd love for S!K to consider:
- Contoured G10 & micarta handles - to make them tacky - maybe as an option on the micarta but current G10s scales get slick when wet & the linen micarta handles could use a little more grip
- a 5" bushcrafter with a choil or a 5.1 with a 1" or 1.1" blade height and/or a 4.1 with a 1" blade height with a scandi grind
- an 01 4.1, 5.1 and 7/7
- an S7 had axe - maybe this is a dumb suggestion but I'd love to see a GS hand axe design!!

You, sir, are an idiot. Wait! Not an idiot! You are NOT an idiot!! :p

Since I'm not a hunter and I haven't caught myself SURVIVE!ing in the rain I've been pretty happy with the canvas and linen micarta grip. Not to say you shouldn't continue your awesome wishlist, but have you thought about using some course sandpaper on your micarta?

There has been legit talk from Guy about a pack ax/hatchet!!! I think it came up here and on Facebook. Guy didn't want to share a design yet since he has more than enough to work on just with knives that have been announced.

You, sir, are an idiot. Wait! Not an idiot! You are NOT an idiot!! :p

Since I'm not a hunter and I haven't caught myself SURVIVE!ing in the rain I've been pretty happy with the canvas and linen micarta grip. Not to say you shouldn't continue your awesome wishlist, but have you thought about using some course sandpaper on your micarta?

There has been legit talk from Guy about a pack ax/hatchet!!! I think it came up here and on Facebook. Guy didn't want to share a design yet since he has more than enough to work on just with knives that have been announced.

It was more about the G10 scales. They get slick when they are wet. The canvas micarta scales are great wet or dry but need to be cleaned after a time because they lose their tackyness, if that's even a word. I found the linen scales to be less tacky than the canvas but I love the look of them. Contours on those scales would definitely improve them.

I just want some Survive! logo'd tactical parachute pants and matching bandana. Rex Kwon Do style.
A Survive hat and patches would be ok also.

Such a great movie reference :thumbup:

I need a patch. Also, a good bandana with S! logos or designs would be cool.

I too would like a Survive! Axe. 3V one piece design hammer polled hawk style. Run it a little softer that the knives like 55-56. It would be rediculously tough

I too would like a Survive! Axe. 3V one piece design hammer polled hawk style. Run it a little softer that the knives like 55-56. It would be rediculously tough

Yes! Is there much in the amount of material or labor that could make this more expensive than the GSO 12 or could they be comparable?

I dont think it would be that costly, other than choosing how thick it would be. .25 inch would be plenty thick. Skeletonized handle under the scales, maybe a fuller down the haft, between the handle and the head to lighten it up a bit. Im picturingg a relatively straight handle ecxept the end which could have some flare and the standard S!K lanyard and jimping. Overall, a profile similar to the gransfors brucks wildlife hatchet.

In the "80's i found myself in an turnover Landrover military vehicle somewhere in Germany during a dark winter morning. The doors where stuck,unable to open them, diesel fuel was pouring out from the feul tanks under the seat. I was Lucky to reach my Marto Brewer Explora survival knife which was still in his holster after the chrash. I don't how i did it but i smashed the side window,cut myself out of the old style hip safetybelt and used the knife as a crowbar to open the door. ripped my right hand completly open and it needed 24 stitches to reveal some fingers back to normal.
Since then ,i still ownded this spanish livesaver, i love it untill the day i..well you know.. In that days we where equipped with an ordinary Victorinox camping folder knive. Also then i stated that if i go somewhere outside the safe premises a good sturdy knife will join me.

Last edited:
I agree that G10 gets slick when wet. Solution: Order canvas micarta. The look of the G10 cannot be beat, but it has minimal utility when wet unless you rough it up. When you rough it up, it looses it's look. Just one of those trade offs. Similar situation with linen micarta. Better looks than canvas, but slicker when wet. I love the look of wooden scales, and I own many. But, they are also slick when wet limiting their application. It always boils down to your intended usage.

I agree that G10 gets slick when wet. Solution: Order canvas micarta. The look of the G10 cannot be beat, but it has minimal utility when wet unless you rough it up. When you rough it up, it looses it's look. Just one of those trade offs. Similar situation with linen micarta. Better looks than canvas, but slicker when wet. I love the look of wooden scales, and I own many. But, they are also slick when wet limiting their application. It always boils down to your intended usage.

That should be a sticky somewhere. Well put.

An axe/hatchet would be very interesting. I've never gotten into the full one piece metal designs of tactical hawks and the such.
I'm more into vintage axes and restoring those but I would love to see Guy's creative take on a hatchet/pack axe.

Back